PDA

View Full Version : Am I too Unbuttoned?

Mayhap
07-10-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm playing 0.25/0.50 on Pacific right now.
The action came around to me on the button, I had Jd, 5d.
There were about six in an unraised pot.
I folded.
I missed out on a full house.
Am I being too squeamish in my hand selection?
Thanks,
/M

bdk3clash
07-10-2004, 02:45 PM
You should only play J5s when you know you will flop a full house, so yes, you botched this one. Unless, for some reason, you didn't know the flop would give you a full house, in which case you were correct to muck. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously, why are you even asking this? You know you should muck this cheese, even on the button with multiple limpers.

Mayhap
07-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Yours is the answer I hoped to receive as J5s is not even on my playlist. I was just wondering if anyone leans towards garbage on the button because of the position.
Thanks for your strong answer.
/M

bdk3clash
07-10-2004, 02:59 PM
You can play "garbage" like suited 2-gaps and stuff, but there just aren't enough good flops for J5s to justify limping in.

Mayhap
07-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Thank you sir.
In this brief interchange with you, I feel that I have acheived a SOLID level of clarity on this issue.
Thanks again,
/M

jpym84
07-10-2004, 03:19 PM
It's always frustrating to throw away a trash hand and get a miracle flop. The best way to deal with this is to just forget what your hand was as soon as you've folded it. That way its alot easier to focus and take notes on how other people are playing.

Peter Harris
07-10-2004, 03:23 PM
in HPFAP, Sklansky discusses the possibility of playing stuff like Q5s on the button following several limpers in the hope of catching good flops.

J5s is not the sort of hand you want to do with it, the 4th nut flush is the best you can hope for, and even that can be outdrawn. Keep chucking it down the chute!

Regards,
Pete Harris

bdk3clash
07-10-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you sir.
In this brief interchange with you, I feel that I have acheived a SOLID level of clarity on this issue.
Thanks again,
/M

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mayhap
07-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Nay!
Thankyou most sincerely.... really really!
/M