PDA

View Full Version : Limping with Kx...

Leo Bello
07-10-2004, 01:47 PM
In passive games, when it is correct to limp with Kx?

Multiway pots (more than 5 callers?)
Only in button?
Never?

The question is because we have much material about limping in passive games with Ax and Small Pocket Pairs.
but what are the experiences of other 2+2rīs about Kx.

NotAClue
07-10-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm assuming you mean Kx suited. I never do it. At the level I play ($25) there are too many people that will limp w/ Axs, and if I get any real action with Kx (enough so that I recoup my implied odds for limping with it in the first place), I'm hesitant about going to the felt with it.

Leo Bello
07-10-2004, 02:47 PM
I meant suited.

fsuplayer
07-10-2004, 05:59 PM
If the stacks are somewhat deep (more than 100BB's), then limping with these in mid-late position is probably ok assuming that you play well after the flop.

That means having a pretty good idea when to play if just a king flops, and when not to.

If you dont feel that you can play better than the rest of the table for the most part, then I would only limp with these in the CO and button.

BTW, in these situations K7 is about as good as K2, so x does really matter all that much, as I am looking for two pair, trips, or a flush draw with this hand.

fsuplayer

bunky9590
07-10-2004, 06:44 PM
I wont play them in any position but the free play in the blinds when X<10. I dont like having weak hands even out of position when I'm not hitting to the nuts. But I'm tighter than most.

Leo Bello
07-10-2004, 08:44 PM
I am asking cause I almost never play them,so I have no real experience with this hand.

rt1
07-11-2004, 01:40 PM
KXs in low limit NL games is not profitable. Youre playing a non nut drawing hand.... thats pretty bad.

Leo Bello
07-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I am not playing them. but have seen many people limping in with them.
they probably donīt read 2+2.
Lol

TheCat
07-12-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm guilty of limping with Kx suited. I'll only do it if I'm pretty sure I won't get raised and if the blinds are small compared to stack size. If two flushing cards come I won't pay much to draw. If you hit a flush and someone else has the nut flush you probably gonna lose your whole stack. That's true of any strong non nut hand though.
If you hit your flush on the flop or the turn make a big bet to prevent a lone A from drawing.