PDA

View Full Version : $10/1 tourneys not as profitable as before?!?!?

Bmurn
07-10-2004, 12:55 PM
I am not new to this forum, i just read alot and never post. But right now i realy need a 2nd opinion or 3rd or more. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the EXTREME tightness that has swept 10/1 (and maybe the others too) STT's. It used to be that there were only 3 people left when the blinds got to 50/100. But yesterday i played about 20 tourneys and there were 6-7 in with the blinds at 50/100 or even 100/200. I also placed horrible because i found it impossible to really "play" rather than being forced to go all in because a raise is half to three fourths your stack. The tightness also shocked me because it was a friday night on party poker and normally you have 7-8 horrible people at each STT. Please reply /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Bobby Digital
07-10-2004, 01:31 PM
I have noticed it as well. Although I thought it was just me because once in a while I would get a few very quick tourneys. It seems when it gets down to 6 it is VERY tight. One guy in a 10 who I guess was playing down a few levels made the comment that it was much tighter than the 200s.

You really have to steal a lot and play a short stack very well it seems.

stupidsucker
07-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I think the game conditions have changed, and people play tighter, but not really better. Sure tighter is better, but..

I had about 6 comments to me yesterday alone because I was stealing blinds with all ins alllllll day. They called me idiot, moron, lucky bastard... You name it they were pissed because I was aggressive.

I have deffentaly noticed the differnce in players. Hehe I think its helping my game, because they are all playing too scared. People hate to invest 30 minutes then go out. I have played 64 games this July so far, and my ITM/RoI is through the roof.

75%RoI
55%ITM

I am getting a little lucky here and there, but People are deffently playing scared. I have certainly had my share of beats.

Jurollo
07-10-2004, 04:24 PM
I actually respectfully disagree with you. IMHO the $10's are easier than ever. 2 People or more guaranteed out in first level. And even if you do have 6 left when you reach 100/200 it is usually a bunch of hurting stacks and one huge stack and some well timed blind steals let you breeze into the money. Very poor play still, just different poor play, I think the lack of aggressiveness by some actually helps because it lessens the odds of getting caught in a pickle early and getting beat by rags.

Bmurn
07-10-2004, 04:34 PM
thanks for the feedback. I think you guys are right, the conditions changed and i didnt. I think im one of the scared people you talk about stupidsucker /images/graemlins/blush.gif. Im just a big fan of playing lots of hands and grinding it out, considering im a PL 25 full ring player and all you have to do is grind out untill you flop big and people love to bet pot.