PDA

View Full Version : was this overkill?

Jsb
07-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t665)
SB (t490)
BB (t2010)
UTG (t2485)
MP1 (t1170)
MP2 (t405)
Hero (t775)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t150</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls t150, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t375) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets t50</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t625 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: t1050
<font color="green">Main Pot: t475 (t475), won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t575 (t575), returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins t1050. </font>

UTG had been taking advantage of his stack for awhile, so there was probably a good chance he didn't have an ace looking back at it. plus i was shortstacked. i maybe could have milked it, but i get in the mentality in positions like that that its better to just take it down right there and not risk getting drawn out on, but at the same time i would have been ok with getting called there since i have no reason to believe that i'm not ahead at this point. so yeah, was it overkill?
also, is just a call preflop a bad move at this point, should i have just pushed right then and there? normally in this spot i would just push preflop, but something convinced me not to, must have been that i was basically sure he would call me if i did, and i didn't feel comfortable knowing that. looking back, i probably should have in this spot, can't ask for a much better hand to do so with. thoughts?

ligastar
07-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Jsb

I don't think you call 20% of your stack here PF...push is more in line with the correct move here IMO.

gl dtr - Greg