PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

pilamsolo
07-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Fold the turn? Re-raise PF? Don't raise the flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($37.40)
BB ($75.60)
UTG ($92.60)
UTG+1 ($158.55)
UTG+2 ($220.95)
MP1 ($229.65)
MP2 ($53.90)
MP3 ($235.80)
CO ($129.35)
Hero ($112.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $2, MP1 calls $2, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $10, CO folds, Hero calls $10, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $8.

Flop: ($35) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 bets $25, Hero raises to $50, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $25.

Turn: ($135) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 bets $55, Hero calls $52.60 (All-In).

River: ($242.60) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $242.60
<font color="green">Main Pot: $240.20, between MP3 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 ($240.20).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $2.40, returned to MP3.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 shows As Ac (two pair, aces and jacks).
Hero shows Qh Qs (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: MP3 wins $242.60. </font>

SkippingGoat
07-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Reraise pf and fold to a push. By just calling you don't know if your overpair is good on the flop

technologic
07-10-2004, 01:48 AM
my opinion on this is to reraise the preflop, to about the pot size, which would be around a raise to 30, then if he reraises on top of that, it's time to kiss the ladies goodnight.

if he calls the reraise, play the queens cautiously, probably folding to a pot sized bet on the flop.

once you're at the flop in your situation, you've got to consider whether you're beat. the information that you've got isn't sufficient imo, which is why reraising preflop was important. he could be on a draw, or have something like AJ. either way, if you think you have him beat, you should push in this situation all in, since if you think you have him beat now, the money is going in anyway because the pot will just be too big when you call on the turn to fold the turn except to an A or a K. if you don't, you should just fold and wait for a better spot with more information. i feel min raising here is a bad play, because the raiser will call plus he is getting odds there for a draw if he's on one.

on the turn, you are getting 3-1 on your money, which is an acceptable call, noting that you have 9 hearts, 3 gutshot cards, and 2 queens to make your hand the best.

a bet made earlier can save a lot of money later on, especially on big pairs.

Rage23
07-10-2004, 02:00 AM
agree with the PF reraise...

on the flop i think i fold here, you're only ahead of AK or AQ, behind all the others like AA KK JJ and probably AKs. at most call and see what he does on the turn, but i still don't like that play much either. preflop raise is the way to go.