PDA

View Full Version : Increasing bankroll - Whats the correct path?

Tharpab
07-09-2004, 09:52 PM
I have a small bankroll of $13 that I'm playing at $.10/$.20
thats very small but I'm using as learning experience. I'm having the typical 'swings' of playing against too much fishes(One day up $20, the other down $5) but overall bad days are breaking even with must be good sign, but I'm not sure playing with that small bank roll on a ring game is good. I could be playing at Sngs $.75+$.025, they seems very loose and suicidals all ins seems to be frequent. What would be the best decision trying to minimize risk of ruin so I could use the money as much as I could?

Greg J
07-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi Tharpab.

Not being a jerk, but just FYI this is probably better suited for the beginner's forum. (Just for future reference /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

I would just grind away at those 10c/20c tables until you crush the game. $20 a day at those limits is... 100 big bets? Wow! Good cards + good play = raking it in. Just grind it out for a while at those limits.

I would post this on the beginner's forum and you will get some good and useful replies there. But just so you know you are NOT the only one working your way up from the nanolimits.

Sent
07-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Sup Thar, head on over to the microlimits forum, we'll treat ya right /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Sent

Baulucky
07-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Correct answer is "Be born rich".
Far second is "Marry Rich".
Very far third is "Inheritance".
Almost not contender is "Start with a 300 BB bankroll at the lowest limits possible playing LHE, increase to next higher limit when you have 300 BB bankroll for the next higher limit. Substitute '300 BB' for '60 Buyins' if your game is NL or SNGs".

nykenny
07-10-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thats very small but I'm using as learning experience. I'm having the typical 'swings' of playing against too much fishes(One day up $20, the other down $5) but overall bad days are breaking even with must be good sign, but I'm not sure playing with that small bank roll on a ring game is good. I could be playing at Sngs $.75+$.025, they seems very loose and suicidals all ins seems to be frequent. What would be the best decision trying to minimize risk of ruin so I could use the money as much as I could?

[/ QUOTE ]

if u want to take the risky road but likely a shortcut, following my "30-60 quest". i am trying to playing $23 into a $6K roll.

if not, you might want to search up the forum there are many good bankrolling advices. none from me tho.

i am either going to make it happen quick, or i am going broke soon /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kenny

Baulucky
07-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Wouldn't NL be "faster" for your quest instead of LHE?

bernie
07-10-2004, 03:35 PM
You dont have to 'start' with 300bb on the micros. Rebuying isn't going to break you. Buy in a couple sessions worth and try to build it to 300. Once there, then concentrate on getting enough for a buy in on the next limit. I think Gamblor posted a great way to look at it though i cant remember the link.

60 buy ins for SNGs? If one's game is strong you could easily cut that by 2/3s.

Before all this, however, it's also good to make sure you can actually beat the game before really worrying about BR.

Initial buy ins when learning how to break even or be just over the hump winner is more like tuition than 'sustainable' BR.

b

Sponger15SB
07-10-2004, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the best way to increase your bankroll is to deposit $300 into party poker and sit down at a $.50/$1 table and stop being such a wussy.

also, who said 60 buy ins for NL? jeebus that is a really really high number, you'd need $1500 to start at a $25 buy in. even in a $2 buy in NL game he'd need $120, which is 9x his bankroll right now.

Baulucky
07-10-2004, 06:31 PM
You guys are probably right.

I prefer to understimate my ability and underbet my BR. It builds fast enough anyway, much faster than my cojones to move higher.

nykenny
07-12-2004, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't NL be "faster" for your quest instead of LHE?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't play much NL anymore, but i doubt it yields more profit than a comparable LIMIT game. though i could be wrong, it is not wrong for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif