PDA

View Full Version : Little Pair vs 2+2 preflop raiser

SnakeRat
07-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Very tight 2+2 table, with a lot of hands being raised and folded around preflop.
I am sure my image was aggressive and bluffy.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

River: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets

I was thinking AK/AQ/KQ
Silly, Stupid, Good ?

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2004, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking AK/AQ/KQ
Silly, Stupid, Good ?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're thinking KQ and you bet the river, then that's prolly stupid.

SnakeRat
07-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Well I dont know which one he has but after he calls the turn, thats what I put him on.
If he had the nuts he would raise I would fold.

My thinking was I am still ahead here most of the time based on his passive call.

mjohnson406
07-09-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm thinking a mid pocket pair here for the raiser, 77 88 or even TT.

I also don't like your bet on the river. With the call on the turn and a board without any draws, I think you are behind and a check-call is in order. There is no way you can call a reraise on the river, so save yourself the BB and maybe you'll get a free showdown with a marginal hand.