PDA

View Full Version : Another one... JTo in SB

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Is anyone not completing here? My SB completing standards tend to be a little too loose, but I think this is a go w/o question. Anyway, the bet on the turn is what I'm wondering about and also should I fold on the river to a bet or was I just playing scared here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, won by UTG+1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to UTG+1.</font>

Thanks for the help.

-Craig

bisonbison
07-09-2004, 08:27 PM
preflop: yes.
flop: sure.
turn: good.
river: me no like. I'd bet.

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Yea, this is one of those situations where I'm never sure what to do in. So you're saying that you bet on the river thinking that you have the best hand? I guessing you fold to a raise on the river then? If you check you encourage him to bluff and if he's got you beat then you get to showdown for the same price as a bet w/o the chance of getting raised. How come betting is better?

SnakeRat
07-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Sometimes a better hand than yours will fold when you bet. JJ for example

Sometimes a worse hand than yours will call. T9 for example

Those would both be very good outcomes.

Fold to a raise, yep

bisonbison
07-09-2004, 08:36 PM
In reality, I don't know that betting is better than check-calling. I just think that check-folding is bad.

There's some theory behind the betting/check-calling aspect that I don't have a good grasp on (ratio of him calling with worse hand/folding better/bluffing if checked to/raising with better/calling with better/etc...).

But basically, I think you can fold to a raise and that if you check you should call.