PDA

View Full Version : AQs - from the bad run

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-09-2004, 07:33 PM
If you read my post about losing 90BBs in the last few days, this is from those sessions. Did I take this one too far? Probably not bet the river, eh?

No read at the time on UTG.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero raises, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

bisonbison
07-09-2004, 08:24 PM
I'd check the river. You're not going to get called by x-high often enough to make it worthwhile.

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-09-2004, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check the river. You're not going to get called by x-high often enough to make it worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no sure if I'm understanding you correctly. My hope was to get his better hand to fold on the river, but I'm only getting 5:1 on that bet. Probably not good enough?

bisonbison
07-09-2004, 08:30 PM
what better hand do you think will fold?

SnakeRat
07-09-2004, 08:31 PM
No better hand will fold.

He called you on the flop, he called you on the turn.

Its most likely either he missed his draw or he has some weak pair he will call again with.

As bison said they wont have Ax very often here and they will fold it most of the time anyway.

Edit :Damn he beat me to it..

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-09-2004, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what better hand do you think will fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was crappy pair, but you're right, if they called on the turn they're probably calling down and a busted draw is folding anyway which I would beat in a showdown anyway.

Thanks guys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif