PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this hand?

maddo
07-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Even though I won the pot I was thinking that I played it wrong. Should I have raised pre-flop? And when the Ace came on the flop I then thought that I had a weak kicker. I don't play these weak aces unless I have good position. Should I play more at these blinds? What about raising on the flop? Is calling here weak?

Cheers.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (7 handed)

CO (t2240)
hero (t1115)
SB (t3520)
BB (t860)
UTG (t260)
MP1 (t790)
MP2 (t1215)

Preflop: hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls t20, MP2 calls t20, CO folds, hero calls t20, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (t90) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets t45, hero calls t45, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t180) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 bets t35, hero raises to t90, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: t305

BrettK
07-09-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm still new here, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

From what I've seen so far by reading posts, playing a hand like Axo so early in an SNG (This is an SNG, right?) is just not a good idea. So consider tightening up your hand selection.

As far as the rest of the hand goes, I think Sklansky says something like, "It's important to remember that when you hit an ace with these hands, you have *not* hit your hand." Fold against the bet on the flop.

Brett