PDA

View Full Version : Bet the Turn?

SnakeRat
07-09-2004, 06:00 PM
My read on BB was tricky poor overaggressive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls $1 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

I suspected a check-raise on the turn so I didn't bet. Thoughts?

J.R.
07-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Shouldn't the focus be on whether you think UTG+2 is betting with a worse hand on the flop?

Did you suspect you were against a better hand or that the check-raise would be as a bluff?

Were it heads'up a check would be better.

Do you think these is a good chance you K9 is best on the turn?

SnakeRat
07-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks JR, I was about 50/50 on whether my hand was good or not.

I didnt suspect him to C/R as a bluff.

I think I should have bet.

On the river they both had smaller K offsuit, funny eh..

J.R.
07-09-2004, 06:30 PM
I didnt suspect him to C/R as a bluff.

Then bet, because you can safely fold to the check-raise and with the flush draw out there as well as the chance they call down with worse hands you miss bets by checking.

bisonbison
07-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Then bet, because you can safely fold to the check-raise and with the flush draw out there as well as the chance they call down with worse hands you miss bets by checking.

I agree, and I think you can fold to a c/r. You can't catch every bluff. If they want to bluff c/r you, they'll really hate those times you bet or raise your trips on the flop.