PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do?

Schneids
07-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Both hands 10/20 6-max Party.

Hand One
Unknown button open raises. SB folds, I call in BB with Ad7s.

Flop [Ah 8h 8c] ; check, check.

Turn Th [Ah 8h 8c] ; check, bet, I call.

River 7h [Th Ah 8h 8c] ; I bet...

Hand Two

UTG (slightly over-aggressive) limps, I complete in SB Ac9c, BB checks.

Flop Jc Qc 8d ; I bet, fold, raise, I 3-bet, cap, I call.

Turn 2s [Jc Qc 8d] ; check, check.

River Qd [2s Jc Qc 8d] ; I bet...

DaveB
07-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Hand 1 the flop check seems fine, but why not CR the turn? Hand 2 do u think he's laying down anything that beats u? I'd probably check call and let him bet KT.

Nate tha' Great
07-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Hand 1.

THREE PAIR ROCKS! I think your line is okay, given his manifest donkeyness, but I think I'd prefer to check-call the river, since I wouldn't feel comfortable folding my ROCKING THREE PAIR.

Hand 2. Seems fine ... there's an argument for check-calling the river too, but I think he'll hold a hand like 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif just often enough, and will fold it just often enough, to make a bluff worthwhile.

DaveB
07-10-2004, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2. Seems fine ... there's an argument for check-calling the river too, but I think he'll hold a hand like 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif just often enough, and will fold it just often enough, to make a bluff worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... this is 10/20. I was looking at it from the measly 1/2 game perspective where there is absolutely no chance of 98 folding.

Schneids
07-12-2004, 07:18 PM
I forgot about this post...

Hand One: Opponent calls, I lose to Ax Qh. I am debating in my mind whether I think my opponent or myself played their hand better.

Hand Two: He folds. Capping the flop gets me this pot. If I call the three bet it's almost a certainty this guy will continue to bet his draw on the turn and river, and it'd take some guts or a misclick to call the river with unimproved A9 high.

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 07:46 PM
H1 - I would raise turn and call everything else.
H2 - I would raise SB - PF, everything else - fine.

Ulysses
07-12-2004, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand Two: He folds. Capping the flop gets me this pot. If I call the three bet it's almost a certainty this guy will continue to bet his draw on the turn and river, and it'd take some guts or a misclick to call the river with unimproved A9 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I thought he capped and then checked?

Schneids
07-13-2004, 02:23 AM
I meant 3-betting the flop versus calling raise. My bad El Dee.