PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody do anything different here?

AtlBrvs4Life
07-09-2004, 04:40 PM
About 80 people left in today's $20 multi. Top 70 pay. My stack is about 2/3 avg, but I'm not struggling to stay alive at all. I pushed here thinking nobody would call and if they did I would be ahead. Of course someone did call and I got screwed.

I think I am going to quit playing multi tables. I always play fine until the bubble, and somehow I manage to lose on the bubble every time. I would say out of my last 10 multis, I have lost 8 on the bubble. The frustration is too much. SNGs from now on.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed)

BB (t9600)
UTG (t5672)
UTG+1 (t3055)
MP1 (t7488)
MP2 (t21735)
MP3 (t8645)
AtlBrvs4Life (t4590)
Button (t7205)
SB (t8955)

Preflop: AtlBrvs4Life is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, AtlBrvs4Life raises to t4590 (All-In), Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t3990.

Flop: (t9480) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t9480) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t9480) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t9480
<font color="green">Main Pot: t9480 (t9480), between BB and AtlBrvs4Life.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (t9480).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kd Jd (one pair, jacks).
AtlBrvs4Life shows Ad Kh (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins t9480. </font>

SossMan
07-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Good play.
That may be one of the worst calls I've recently seen. Gotta be happy about that, huh?

Don't worry, keep being aggressive on the bubble...let others be afraid of it.

Jason Strasser
07-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Man keep your head up.

That is a solid and money making play. Way to not be a puss on the bubble.

woodguy
07-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Ugh. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Before giving up, re-read some of David Ross' posts expressing exasperation with MTT's &amp; bubbles.
I think the last one was a week before he started making the final table his personal footstool.
I predict that within your next 3 MTT's you'll make the top 5%.

regards,
woodguy

Chief911
07-09-2004, 05:09 PM
There's nothing wrong with your play....but...

I know this is against the opinion of many people on this forum, but a lot of the time with AK, I'm 3xbb'ing this hand. I know that's 1/4 of the stack, but I dont care. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

That atleast gives you some wiggle room.

I hate AK.

Nick

AtlBrvs4Life
07-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the comments.

I was thinking about this play and thought the same thing about 3xBB. If I had done that and bet out on the flop, I probably would have taken down the pot right there. Then again, getting all my money in with 70% odds gives me a better chance at the bigger money.

uw_madtown
07-09-2004, 05:18 PM
I realize this also goes against the wisdom of the forum, but I probably just limp here, see the flop and see if the BB bets out.

Your play is "correct," but I definitely tighten up a bit on the bubble with hands that aren't JJ-AA, unless I'm going up against a short stack or I've got a great read on a maniac. Doesn't make me right, of course. Just offering my two cents.

- uwmadtown

Potowame
07-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Its amazing what some people call a all-in with. With 40000 people playing on PP and 35000 of them being poker idiots, you will take alot of bad beats. You couldn't hardly ask for a better hand to go heads up against. The best thing about that hand is that Player thinks he made a good call hehe, and he will continue to make that call. Was there the stupid NH or NC on the chat after the hand.

but hey they where suited, thats good right. /images/graemlins/confused.gif