PDA

View Full Version : call,call,call,call. correct here?

SofaCoach
07-09-2004, 03:50 PM
It felt weird playing a hand this way but I think "call" was the correct play on every street. Agree or disagree?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks,
easy complete

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.
This was the toughest one. But backdoor flush and straight draw, closing action (almost) and swelling pot made me call.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.
I don't like calling 2 cold but I think I have odds with the 2nd nut flush draw.

River: (16.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 bets, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.
I can't fold top pair for one bet can I? Getting 20-1 hoping that MP3 HAD top pair prior to river, or busted draw.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.50 BB, between UTG+1, MP3, Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (20.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd 3d (one pair, kings).
UTG+1 shows Ad Ah (one pair, aces).
MP3 shows Td Jc (two pair, jacks and tens).
Button shows 2s As (one pair, twos).
Outcome: MP3 wins 20.50 BB. </font>

Peter Harris
07-09-2004, 04:34 PM
PF fine.

Flop is terrible. Sorry, but the backdoor straight draw is tainted with hearts. i don't think 13-1 is enough to pursue your backdoor 2nd nut flush draw, and with an albeit small risk of BB checkraising, i would fold this roughly 100% of the time.

once you call the flop, you have to call the turn and river and pray for a miracle.

I await other comments on this thread, but i sincerely doubt a flop call is correct here.

Regards,
Pete Harris

SnakeRat
07-09-2004, 04:47 PM
I agree with Peter.

Preflop, Turn, River OK

Flop: You likely need runner runner to win the hand, and the pot isnt close to big enough to stick around.

bwana devil
07-09-2004, 04:47 PM
i agree w/ peter on this. the preflop call is ok, but the flop darn near missed you completely. you need miracle cards on the turn and river to make much of a hand.

calling the two bets on the turn is too much also.

river call is fine.

tardigrade
07-09-2004, 04:57 PM
I think you're right that calling is better than raising here. However, I think the best play would be to have folded on the flop or turn. The odds you are getting on these calls are so marginal that you're doing more to increase your variance than your winnings. It's better to conserve your bankroll for hands where you can pay less for a bigger edge.

tech
07-09-2004, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
calling the two bets on the turn is too much also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Once you're here, you're here, no matter the path. You have to see the river with a flush draw in this pot.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
07-09-2004, 05:28 PM
I think 13:1 is sufficient to call the flop with a backdoor flush draw to the second nuts. There is also a slim chance his K outs are good.