PDA

View Full Version : JT

nothumb
07-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Ok, since I just posted a standard hand, now I'll post a slow play that I'll probably get reamed out for. There are two huge fish at this table that are making it good, but somehow neither one is in this hand. Hence all players in this hand are semi-reasonable post-flop; UTG is a bit aggressive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Fire away.
<font color="red"> NT </font>

bisonbison
07-09-2004, 01:53 PM
I'll post a slow play that I'll probably get reamed out for

ding ding ding.

fold preflop, raise the flop, raise the turn.

Hey, the river's fine.

sthief09
07-09-2004, 01:56 PM
the preflop limp is bad. JTo is garbage, and you should realize that.

on the flop, this is the exact kind of board you WANT to raise. it's heavily straight coordinated, and there's a 2 flush, so for 1 bet, the Ah with any card paired will call. Ah6x has 5 outs against you plus a backdoor flush draw, and should call one bet. any gut shot should call one bet. raise and make them fold.

you shouldn't be slowplaying on dangerous boards like this, especially with a vulnerable hand like yours.

chief444
07-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Looks good from the turn 3-bet on. But I don't like any of the first 3 decisions in the hand. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tardigrade
07-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I'd raise this on the flop, but I think you could make an argument for keeping the pot small, then screwing up the flush and straight draw's odds with a raise on the turn when a blank shows.

Once you fill up on the turn, it looks like the initial call versus a raise got you an extra bet from SB, while possibly losing a bet or two from UTG.

nothumb
07-09-2004, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise this on the flop, but I think you could make an argument for keeping the pot small, then screwing up the flush and straight draw's odds with a raise on the turn when a blank shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Me think that. Me think straight draw no fold flop.

Me talk more but ass hurt from reaming.

NT