PDA

View Full Version : 23 suited

King High
07-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Live muti 8 handed I am statrting to amass chips and have a very stong Image due to some great cards I raised with and got called down with. Most at the table are bad and don't have more than the basics down.

I have now started to steal a bit I am in late with 23d I raise 3.5x the bb and to my surprise the button sb bb call. Damm!

Flop is Kc3cKh.

sb checks bb bets the min 200(pot 2800) I raise to 600. button fols sb fold bb thinks almost mucks 2 or 3 times calls. Next card is a brick. BB checks I check (I now think was a big mistake).

River brick he checks I check.

Lets hear it. I get back to you with the results.
I think this could have been played several ways looking for what is the optimal.

thanks

Chief911
07-09-2004, 02:10 PM
What are the blinds, stack sizes, etc? Without that.....

I'd have bet 1/2 the pot atleast to see if he has a K. He probably doesnt, and folds hating that he had Ax and is throwing it away.

Nick

tripdad
07-09-2004, 02:13 PM
he has 44-77 and you should have played this a lot stronger than you did.

cheers!

MLG
07-09-2004, 02:15 PM
I agree, you gotta bet the turn if your read that he almost folded is that strong.

King High
07-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Your right on he had 88. almost threw them away. Right after I knew If i bet the turn the pot was mine. I didn't want to risk any more chips on a steal but in retro I had him right where i wanted him. My flawed thinking was he was on a club draw and my 3 would hold up. But I gave him not 1 but 2 free cards. I would just hate to loose a ton of chips in a toury that I could win on a pair of threes.

If I remeber correctly in the advanced tour book David talks about If you get call to check it down does this sitiation fit in?

schwza
07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your right on he had 88. almost threw them away. Right after I knew If i bet the turn the pot was mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you made the right play by checking behind twice, and i don't think this guy was gonna release his hand except to a monster bet.

that's pretty sweet that he telegraphed it was a borderline decision though.

SossMan
07-09-2004, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and have a very stong Image due to some great cards I raised with and got called down with. Most at the table are bad and don't have more than the basics down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Side note: i think this comment is contradictory.

Preflop is fine. Any two will do when you are aggressively stealing blinds.

On the flop, I would make the same raise.

Don't check behind on the turn...it is tantamount to giving up unless another three gets there. Bet about 75% of the pot, and he should release his middle pair. If he calls, I'm not firing again on the river.

King High
07-09-2004, 05:48 PM
My image became strong after I was forced to show. They felt my raise now had merit, I wasn't full of it.

SossMan
07-09-2004, 06:53 PM
I was referring to the fact that you say most the players are bad...then go on to talk about an image.

Most bad players don't take image into consideration. They are too infatuated with their own SOOOOOTED hand.