PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this move?

DOTTT
07-09-2004, 12:40 PM
9 handed $1-$2 game. Utg+1 loose but decent player makes it $10 to go, mp+1 a very passive player calls, sb calls. I’m in the bb with ATc and call.

Flop comes: 6c 9h 9s

It gets checked around.

Turn is 9d.

Checked to utg+1 he bets $15, it’s folded to the sb who makes it $30, I raise to $75. Comments.

Ghazban
07-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Why did you raise here? Your flush draw is all but worthless and you're way behind any pocket pair or any 6, not to mention the outside chance that someone has the case 9. Given that there's a bet and a raise in front of you, I can't imagine you're the best hand and, depending on stack sizes, I doubt anybody will be folding here.

The original raiser probably has two better big cards than yours (AK-AJ) or a pair and the guy you described as passive just raised (or did he? You said you were the BB first, then you say "bb who makes it $30, I raise to $75" ?). If a generally passive player raises, he's usually got a very strong hand. I would have mucked this without a second thought.

Acesover8s
07-09-2004, 12:49 PM
First off, I don't like your preflop call unless the stacks are quite large.

Why not bet the flop? Nut flush draw on a paired board = easy pick up.

On the turn, sure you might fold a 6, but you're not going to fold the 9, or pocket TT, JJ. No sir, I don't like it. In very loose games you're going to get called by AK here, who may not call a river bet, but do you have the guts to fire again?

DOTTT
07-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Sorry it's 9s not 9c. I had around 350, utg+1 had around 250.
OK guys all errors have been changed. I'm asking specifically about trying to pick up this pot with ace high.

Ghazban
07-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I think you have little to no shot of picking this one up with AT unless you know that your opponents are capable of folding in this situation. The bet and raise in front of you lead me to believe at least one of them is willing to play for all his chips. In no-limit games at this level, I doubt you'll get a better hand to fold.

fsuplayer
07-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Post deleted by fsuplayer

DOTTT
07-09-2004, 02:17 PM
All right one more shot at getting this right.

9 handed $1-$2 game. Utg+1 loose but decent player makes it $10 to go, mp+1 a very passive player calls, sb calls. I’m in the bb with ATc and call.

Flop comes: 6c 9h 9s

It gets checked around.

Turn is 6d.

Checked to utg+1 he bets $15, it’s folded to the sb who makes it $30, I raise to $75. Comments. Sorry about the mistakes guys I have a hell of a hangover.

NotAClue
07-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Unless you know SB will bluff in this spot, I'd be wary of running a bluff after SB check-raises.