PDA

View Full Version : Very intersting 3 bet on turn - 30/60 home game

Jacob
07-09-2004, 12:02 PM
10 handed 30/60 game. No raise before the flop, 7 people call. I am BB with As7s.

Flop comes 338(one spade). Check to cutoff who bets. I call. MP calls.

Turn- 10s. I check, MP checks, CO bets. I call. Now MP raises. CO without thinking 3 bets.(CO is a very solid player, MP is loosey goosey capable of having anything). I think for a while and fearing a full house fold not wanting to draw to my flush. MP calls

River - 2s(would have made me the flush). CO bets MP calls. CO shows KK and drags the pot.

Q1 - Was it a good reraise on CO's part on the turn. He later said that he put MP on A8 or 108 and MP had A8.
Q2 - Should I have folded on the turn?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
07-09-2004, 12:09 PM
You should have folded on the flop, you are getting 9:1 odds to draw to your backdoor flush (about a 15:1 shot), there might be a raise behind you, and your Ace outs may or may not be clean.

Given that you're still there on the turn, if my math is correct you are getting 5.5:1 to call CO's 3-bet and you are about 4:1 to make your flush on the river. I think this is enough of an overlay to make your call profitable, despite the fact that occasionally one of your opponents will be holding TT, 88, or 33. Much more likely holdings for CO or MP are singleton 3's (something like A3s) orhands like AT. I think you're good most of the time here when you hit your flush.

DcifrThs
07-09-2004, 12:36 PM
i feel that after reading yourpost i might start driving on the left hand side of the road and jogging backward or something...j/k /images/graemlins/wink.gif

seriously though...fold the flop, call the turn not call the flop fold the turn...at least thats one man's opinion.

-Barron

Franchise (TTT)
07-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Wow. I need a 30/60 home game where 7 people see the flop for a bet each.

The flop call is fine, since you have other outs that will be good a large fraction of the time (the aces, and occasionally the sevens, or at least they'll set you up for redraws).

Call the turn. Look how big the pot is.

1800GAMBLER
07-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Medium possibility of drawing dead. Medium possibility of drawing to 3 outs. Small possibility of drawing to 6 outs. Tiny possibility of being leading. Medium possibility of a raise. 8:1 odds. [censored] THAT.

Re: this hand. You did a good job of calling with the worst of it and folding with the best of it.

sucka
07-10-2004, 01:49 AM
I agree with this. Either fold or raise on the flop. When it gets checked around to the cutoff, who bets - fold it or pop it.

3rdCheckRaise
07-10-2004, 02:05 AM
If (and it a big if ) i decided to call that flop i would do it with one simple plan. If another spade hits the board on the turn i am raising if not i am folding. Do you think that KK 3beting you in that spot? With a tight table image and absence of another 8 with you in that hand you should win it with a bet on the river with or without a spade.But then again chances of me calling that flop are very very very small...

elysium
07-10-2004, 02:44 AM
hi jacob
you could check-raise the turn. that's pretty much how to play this one. you need to give your A the best chance to hold up jacob. you could also pick-up the pot. you have a turn check-raise jacob.

ike
07-10-2004, 04:56 AM
Harsh but true. Flop fold. Turn call.

JustPlayingSmart
07-10-2004, 06:15 AM
I don't post here often, but I would eventually like to play mid-limits so I often read this board.

I don't understand why the CO does not raise preflop with KK. With at least 4 limpers in front of him, his raise seems to add a lot of value. Jacob says he is solid, so maybe I am missing something, but I don't think so.

I also agree with folding the flop, and if I played in these limits, check-raising the turn.

shutupndeal
07-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Questyun Jacob,
Is this game or was it that night the type of game that gets a little loose? In other words would the preflop "pop" have made many fold? Its kinda tuff 2 answer this because I dont have a feel for whats going on BUT I believe it was "Gravy" who explained that its basically a matter of what kind of odds were you lookin at after the flop and in your case not being able to trust my ace because of my kicker and at 23-1 to make the flush I cant call. Yes, that hand it worked but how often do you see 23-1 shots at the track because that was the "pony" your money was on. I look at poker like one continuous game played lifetime and try to act accordingly, when I fold a hand Im out of it and dont really care what happens also knowing you made the correct decision at the time.
Was it a good re-raise, well yes, he got the pot! /images/graemlins/smile.gif