PDA

View Full Version : adjustment from sng to mtt

billb
07-09-2004, 06:44 AM
I hold my own on sng's. If it weren't for me trying mtt, I would probaly pull a small profit. I've been ITM a couple times in MTT but nothing big. Was wondering what are some of the adjustments you make from SNG to MTT?

gergery
07-09-2004, 03:11 PM
I think you need to play much tighter for much longer when the blinds are tiny, and wait for your hands. You'll still get action at teh lower levels at Party (i'm talking from my experience going from Party $20 SNGs to $30 3-table MTTs). Once you have a tight image and get reads on people you start stealing blinds. As big stack, bully the crap out of the table relentlessly. Then win your QQ vs. AK hands and you win!

-g

tripdad
07-09-2004, 03:25 PM
i think in general, you need to be much more aggressive in the multi's than S&G's. raise with hands you normally wouldn't and such. make sure to have position, though.

cheers!

Chief911
07-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I guess I'm a bit opposite. If I can win a hand early (To go up 100 or 200 chips), I'll see flops (especially in late position) with a lot of hands I would throw away in a SNG. See the flops. You flop a monster, take away all their chips. No one wants the pot, pot-size bet it and take those down too. Some people play so tight at the beginning of these, its many times easy to take down a number of small pots with nothing, and accumulate chips.

Nick