PDA

View Full Version : 2 flop checks for review

SGS
07-09-2004, 12:34 AM
I am in a good live 10-20 game. The game is very passive and pretty loose.

Situation one arises when I am in the SB and pick up black kings. 4 limpers and I raise, BB and all limpers call. Flop comes A,6,4 with two clubs and I check... looking to check-fold or check-raise if the bet comes late.

Second situation arises when I have KK on the button. 3 limpers to me and I raise one blind calls and all limpers call. Flop comes A,Q,Q checked to me and I check. Comments on both of these flop checks would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SGS

ike
07-09-2004, 01:06 AM
First hand looks good.
Second hand I'd be inclined to bet the flop so I can check behind on the turn if called or get checkraised and fold on the cheap street. Checking the flop leaves you in a situation where you will have a very difficult time knowing where you are and will often have to decide between calling down 2BB possibly drawing dead or folding the possible best hand.

elysium
07-09-2004, 01:31 AM
hi sgs
hand 1) fold. it's over. don't waste your money. if somehow the flop is checked around, don't betout. check-fold the whole way. no good.

hand 2) i don't like this one a whole lot, but you must bet the flop. check down the turn. if they check to you on the river, check it down.

ike
07-09-2004, 03:29 AM
This is absurd. You're not automatically beaten when the ace flops. There are 3 cards in the deck that beat you. Your average weak limpers can have many many things. You certainly have to play delicately but you're giving up a lot of EV if you're not considering the chance that KK is good here.

SGS
07-09-2004, 03:32 AM
I agree I think if the flop is checked around in hand one u must bet the turn, as your hand is more than likely best.

SGS

ike
07-09-2004, 03:38 AM
Against some flop bettors I could see checkcalling the whole way.