PDA

View Full Version : Complement to all Poker Players

DalaiLama
07-09-2004, 12:03 AM
I had a CEO of a company with 900 million in revenue speak to my MBA class for an hour and a half last week say the following " Some of the finest leaders and entrepreneurs of the last hundred years have been tremendous poker players because they were/are able to assess risk and make informed decisions very quickly" That statement brought me out of my WSOP 2005 day dream. He named several including Fred Smith(Fed EX), Eisenhower, and several others that I can't remember. Although Fred Smith might be a good poker player, he's a gambler, and the legend is way back when he couldn't meet payroll one week, so he went to Vegas and doubled up on the craps table. ***Business Fun Fact*** Fred Smith blew through 70 million of his family's wealth before Fed Ex turned a profit on a business plan his Yale prof graded a C-.

lowroller
07-09-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm pretty sure it was blackjack.

jacki
07-09-2004, 12:08 PM
...and I'm pretty sure it's compliment.

You're in an MBA class? god help us...

DalaiLama
07-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Jacki, why are you correcting chat board grammar? I have neither the time nor the drive to edit my posts.....it's a frickin chat board. I posted at 12am after a few beers while playing two tables. Go do something else. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

top2pear
07-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Your write, it is a frickin chat bored, butt sum peephole presume two no alot about others biased on howe they spel. Also, because its a frickin chat bored, ewe must expect to bee maid fun of occasionally for misspellings. Perhaps that is all that this Jacki does: scouring the massages four misspellings and then pouncing on the pour soles who typed them. Perhaps Jacki does this because Jacki beleafs that misspellings are terrible things that the perpetrators would like to correct and, therefore, wood welcum his/her correction. Perhaps Jacki hopes yule learn the distinction between the too terms and will bee able to impress the other bearly-literate MBAs and businesspeephole in your program.

Regardless, i thought the harsher criticism implied that you becoming an MBA was something we kneeded "God's help" with.

My $0.02.

andyfox
07-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Very good.