PDA

View Full Version : Ax from SB

tardigrade
07-08-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm wondering what you think about this play of ace with small kicker from the BB. I've annotated my reasoning for my actions while playing...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

For .25, I want to see the flop.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

I'm not betting into this field with that flop, but when it checks around to the last to act, I feel pretty confident that I can narrow the field with a c/r and give myself a better chance to win.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

There is only one player remaining, acting from last position, so I'm trying to bluff him out at this point, since he may have a weak hand himself.

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I seriously doubt this guy flopped a straight, but if he has an ace, I'm probably dead as he will raise. There is a decent chance he's bluffing though, and may fire one last shot if he thinks I don't have an ace either...

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

skierdude1000
07-08-2004, 11:55 PM
You didn't pay attention to a possible flush draw that hit on the turn and if you didn't think he had anything, why not raise the river? Your hand would be AAAKQ which would be beaten if he had had the flush. I would've put him on a flush or two pair, by knowing your player you would know which

tardigrade
07-09-2004, 12:01 AM
I figured that if he were on the flush draw, then he would have raised me on the turn when he made his hand, so I felt fairly confident he did not have it. While I may have induced a bluff on the river, he may have had one of several better hands, too, so check-raise was out of consideration, as was betting. Check-call seemed like the only viable option if I wanted to stick with the hand.

skierdude1000
07-09-2004, 12:05 AM
He could've called the turn to induce you to pay on the river also, otherwise you may have gotten scared that he made a flush. I don't think calling the river is a good idea, if you think he has a better hand you should fold, otherwise raise, this is not a calling situation.