PDA

View Full Version : final hand five flop flush

dakine
07-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Player 1 (P1) hole card 10s 8h. Player 2 (P2) Hole card 9c 6h.
Flop flush, Kh Jh 7h 5h 3h. Dealer calls the hand a draw, split pot. P1 claims because he had the 8h hole card he won the pot, because it was higher than P2 6h hole card. Dealers decision was, the Kh flop card was the high card the pot is split. The dealer explained to P1 if his hole card was Ah, he would have won the pot over the Kh flop. Who is right? Note! we are all novices. /images/graemlins/confused.gif [/list]

jasonHoldEm
07-09-2004, 12:46 AM
You play the best five cards. Player one should have won the pot.

deacsoft
07-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Player 1 wins with a K high flush, 8 kicker; beating the K high flush, 6 kicker. This is the way it is... no if, ands, or buts about it.

Hiding
07-09-2004, 08:45 AM
And just for your information, if the board was Ah Kh Th 8h 7h and you P1 held 6c 3h and P2 held Js 6h, then the pot would split, as the best 5 cards are on the board

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Player 1 wins with a K-J-8-7-5 flush over player 2's K-J-7-6-5 flush.

The dealer needs to read the rules.

Best 5-card hand wins in all forms of poker.

Greg J
07-09-2004, 01:14 PM
This is a table full of people that don't know much about playing hold em. This includes the players as well as the dealer.

First the dealer is an absolute moron. He should know the rules. next time this happens call a manager or something. This is ridiculous!

Second, only one of those hands, at most, should have been played in the first place. That is if the big blind checks. Neither hand is worth a complete in the small blind (unless they can come in for a third of a bet instead of half -- then it's forgivable).

Not trying to be mean, just honest. T8 and 96 offsuit are NOT playable hands. If you are paying to play them you are loosing money. Go to the hold em forums and see what kinds they post. Unfortunatly this means waiting a looong time for good hands sometimes. So be it. Sometimes I go 30 deals or more before playing a hand... sometimes more.

That being said, if you are there to gamble, and have money to loose, then it's cool. Play what you want when you want. But if you want to win, then you need to study up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kyro
07-09-2004, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a table full of people that don't know much about playing hold em. This includes the players as well as the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously. He said he was a novice. They're just playing for fun. I'm sure if he wanted a critique in his game he would have asked for it...

Greg J
07-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Fair enough. just trying to be helpful /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dakine
07-10-2004, 01:48 AM
Thanks for your positive reply. Like I said, we are novices and are very new to Holdem. I may heve sounded like a blithering idiot asking the question, but, that is what the forum is for. To "Learn"!This is the first time I have entered any!!... forum.

deacsoft
07-10-2004, 02:44 AM
We're happy to have you here. You'll find most of the posters here are very receptive to new comers and will help out whenever possible. Hang around long enough, ask questions, post hands, and provide feedback to others and you'll be owning your buddies in no time. Work hard (if you looking to get better that is) /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Greg J
07-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Hey,

I was not trying to be a jerk in my post. I should have toned down the criticism. AT the same time, I thought you should know these are not playable hands. Maybe I could have put it a little more tactfully... but the thing about communicating with text is that you can't get the subtleties that soften a strong point (like voice inflections or facial expressions).

So anyway, welcome to the boards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif (Emoticons help!)

dakine
07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks Kyro for reading my entire post and caught on that I and my friends are "Novices" (amatures) at Holdem. Thanks to all of you guys that answered my question. As we say in Hawaiian... "Hele On" (lets move on)
/images/graemlins/smile.gif