PDA

View Full Version : Big Dids with Big Slick

B Dids
07-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Dids is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG raises, MP calls, Dids 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Dids bets, UTG raises, MP folds, Dids calls.

Anybody want to lay down here? No read on UTG.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, Dids raises, UTG 3-bets, Dids calls.

Now I'm thinking TT given his action on the flop. Cap?

River: (13.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Dids checks.

Motherflogger. I thought he was getting cute. Shocked to see the pot slide my way, but I really feel now like it's painfully obvious that I bet the river.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

bisonbison
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
It's a 6-max table, Burton. Bet the river.

B Dids
07-08-2004, 10:14 PM
One of these days you could lie to make me feel better /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm running well, but at the same time missing bets way too often. I need more negative reinforcement. Somebody throw stuff at me.

bisonbison
07-08-2004, 10:17 PM
I don't need to lie. I'm wrong often enough as it is.

skierdude1000
07-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Interesting hand, I would've folded to a flop raise

sfer
07-09-2004, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting hand, I would've folded to a flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very bad if done with any frequency. UTG didn't cap preflop so your overcard outs are likely good (he no have AA/KK to fear). Checkraising the flop looks like an attempt to protect a vulnerable overpair like JJ/QQ from overcards. A set of Ts would probably bet the flop to maximize the chance of being called in more than one spot. This is a situation where 3-betting is not a bad option.

Also, if you're at my table and I see you 3-bet the flop and fold to a single flop raise, I will take shots at you all night.

TBone
07-09-2004, 01:25 AM
No way can you lay down to the flop raise. Raiser could just as easily have an underpair to your overcards, and you've easily got odds to go for pairing up your overcards--not to mention the backdoor straight.

T