PDA

View Full Version : Hand for review

vetman81
07-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed)

CO (t670)
Button (t660)
SB <font color="purple">(SB)</font> (t2900)
BB <font color="purple">(BB)</font> (t545)
UTG (t1675)
UTG+1 (t435)
Hero (t805)
MP2 (t310)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls t50, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB <font color="purple">(SB)</font> completes, BB <font color="purple">(BB)</font> checks.

Flop: (t150) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t75, SB folds, BB calls t75.

Turn: (t300) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets t75, BB raises to t150, Hero calls t75.

River: (t600) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets t125, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t725

Here is my thinking on the hand. I am wondering if I should have bet more on the flop. I don't know if I should have even called the turn raise, but I still had the openended draw. When the river hits and I miss, I figure BB at least has an Ace, if not more. What does everyone else think?

BTW, this was my first time playing on Party, so I entered a $5/1 SNG just to test the waters. Thanks for any input.

Hood
07-09-2004, 05:01 AM
I'd certainly bet the pot on the flop, or perhaps 1.5x flop. You've likely got the best hand with your top pair, and there's straight and flush draws on that can beat you.

I think the turn call is correct, you've certainly got odds to draw to your straight with having to commit another 75. I would have checked this first rather than bet out. That A was a bad card for you, I'd be looking to check this one down.

The river fold I think was correct - you can't really beat anything but a bluff.