PDA

View Full Version : Folded JJ preflop, too tight here?

AZnuts
07-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Live tourney, $60 buy-in, 100 players, middle stages with BB at $400, I have $3900.

Early player limps, middle player (big stack) raises to $2000 - he usually makes a standard 3x raise, but raises 5x or more with premium hands, I put him on AA,KK,QQ or at worst AK.

I have JJ, think of going all in (don't like just a call here for half my stack), but then decide to fold.

Early player folds, no flop, he flashes AK before mucking.

They were the best cards I saw until busting out after the break. What do you think, too tight, a good time to gamble even believing I was an underdog?

davidross
07-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Nope, very good fold. You want to be the agressor with JJ, given the hands you thought he could have, your either a big dog more than half the time, or a toss up the rest of the time.

caretaker1
07-08-2004, 07:35 PM
If you were confident in your read,(55%-45% favorite or 80%-20% dog), folding seems like the only option here.

RFJ
07-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Any pocket pair is a slight favorite over AK. The question is do u think there would have been players who would have called u besides the AK. Do u want to double up at the risk of losing everything? The option is yours, but yea i would have folded too. maybe..