PDA

View Full Version : So who's winning? Who's losing? Who's even?

David K.
07-08-2004, 06:51 PM
How long have you been playing micro-limits, what limit, and are you a winning player?

I've been reading WLLH by Lee Jones twice and after investing $10 in pacific poker's .05/.10 tables and working hard for about 2 weeks, I'm at..... $9.28!!

SeppDeitrich
07-08-2004, 07:00 PM
I started playing micro limit a couple months ago after i won 10$ in a weekly round2 freeroll at pokerstars. I currently play tourneys, sng's, .25/.50 holdem ring games and .5/.10 O8 ring games. I have made a 150$ withdrawl after which my br sits at 250$. hopefully I can move up to .5/1 soon (my target br for this move is 300$)

EdSchurr
07-08-2004, 07:11 PM
I started with $2 and built it into $50 total from .02/.04 to .05/.10. But my friends needed online money so I sold it to them, and also, to spend time with them I need to play no limit. So I'm down to $15, after having been paid a total of $20 or so.

Then because I got a job, I deposited $100 and I'll be playing .25/.5 when I'm done working for the summer. I have played 3 hours so far and made 15BB (lucky!).

L0QTiS
07-08-2004, 10:14 PM
This is "sort of" a micro-limits success story.

I've been playing poker online and occasionally at Brick-and-Mortar establishments since somewhere around 1999, pretty much shortly after Planet Poker and Paradise poker opened. You can find posts from me in the archives from early 2000. I played 2/4 through 5/10 at the time but never really had a large enough bankroll to support the level I was at. Eventually normal swings got me and I went bust, but not before pulling out more than I brought in thanks in large part to study and posting to 2+2.

I played irregularly from 2001 to 2003 mostly at the 2/4 limits and mostly $5+1 sit n go's and 2/4, however I never really kept the money in play, cashing out as I went. During this period I was pulling in a slight profit but not much more.

Around early 2003 I rediscovered Pokerstars, deposited about $300 or so and hit the books determined to work my way up the ranks but playing only in games which my bankroll could support building as I go playing $.25/.50 to $.5/1 ring games + $5.50 sit'n go's and $1-$10 multi-table tournaments. I think I deposited another $100 along the way to play in some of the 2003 PokerStars WCOOP satellites.

Today, my I play mostly $1/2 both Holdem and Omaha 8b, various MTTs and my bankroll could support play up to $3/$6 if I choose to do so. I just started tracking my play three months ago after years of blowing it off so I want to be sure I'm beating the $1/2 game solidly before I move up.

So, new players take note. Once your bankroll reaches $400-600 and you are at least a break even or slight winning player, you can really make a killing clearing bonuses for sites offering. For the longest time I simply didn't have the bankroll to support the maximum bonus offered from Paradise or Stars when they offer reload bonuses. I would say I've earned about $600 in the last three months alone clearing bonuses alone. Even if you don't have a lot to work with, take advantage of the bonuses as they are offered, every little bit helps.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Good luck at the tables

skierdude1000
07-08-2004, 11:46 PM
I've been losing non-stop at micro-limits. I was up about 20 BB in about 8 hours, then i lost all my profit + 3 buyins