PDA

View Full Version : The LA Lakers. . . another reason to kill my TV

DonWaade
07-08-2004, 06:44 PM
It is a wonder to me that the worst of the 4 big sports, and even worse than Nascar and soccer still dominates the top storie(s) on ESPN and any other sports news program. Not too long ago there was a special on ESPN about dynasties. It is no doubt that The Lakers do have a monopoly on primodonnas. Surely, that qualifies for a dynasty /images/graemlins/confused.gif of sorts.

As if it is not bad enough that they have/had an alleged rapist, a classles "zen master" that cant even begin to compare to Aurbach, and the biggest ego this side of Hitler. Now we have to be inundated with: Where is Kobe "the infidel" going? Who has enough money and tolerance to trade for Shaq? Why did Coach K say no? Is Rudy T next? Will Payton return? Will Karl "the flopper" return? I am going to gander that Kobe goes to the Lakers again to promise more drama next year. Shaq will relent and withdraw his trade demand. Coach K is great for true basketball (college). Rudy T will sign. Karl and Gary will return. The next issue will be is how do we get another ego, namely Vince Carter to our already attention starved cell block err team. We will get to look forward to all of this ridiculous garbage again next year, and the next, and the next. At least until the NBA and all of its endless abundance of ego choose to make all games, functions, playoffs, and even post-game press conferences (unless the players child is there) on pay-per view. At which point I will not have to watch.

I am loathe to say I almost wish that "Americas Role-Models" (typed with dripping sarcasm) would have won it all. At least we would not had to have been flooded with irrelevant news of a nearly irrelevant "professional" sport.

Take heart true sports fans. There is still half a season in baseball, about 20 more races in Nascar, World Cup qualifying, 3 months to NHL face-off, and two months to NFL kick off.

andyfox
07-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Latest rumor has Shaq going to Miami for Lamar Odom, Brian Grant and a #1 pick (and perhaps another player). Dr. Buss has apparently tired of Shaq complaining that he wants more money, and coming to camp out of shape. (Last year, when they got Shaq a personal trainer, I remember seeing Karl Malone asked if he had a personal trainer. Malone said he didn't need a baby-sitter. Ouch!)

HDPM
07-09-2004, 12:03 AM
3 months until NHL faceoff. LOL. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif