PDA

View Full Version : help

radek2166
07-08-2004, 03:39 PM
what is a decent take on pp .50/1 games?

does rasieing preflop help with a big hand?

are there a ton of maniacs on these tables or is it my imageiantion.

got beat with trips and top pair yesterday by a kid playing gut shots to the river that were capped preflop and on the flop. i floped a set. got called down by 4 and lost on the river to a gut shot st

i will keep hand histories and post them.

tech
07-08-2004, 03:42 PM
I think bison or sfer volunteered to handle these posts. I will wait for their response.

burntazure
07-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi. I saw this post from a few days ago & since no one answered, I will take a stab. I have played only about 20k hands at .5/1 so take my comments with that in mind....

Yr first question (decent take)...

As far as starting out is concerned, you want to be at least even or close to it. That way you can play more and eventually yr skill will improve allowing for better rates. As I understand it (& someone correct me if I am wrong) a 1BB/100 winrate is considered substandard. You are not playing optimally. A 2BB/100 is considered average for a player that is always trying to improve his game. 3BB+/100 is considered to be very good.

RAISING PRFLOP W/ Decent HAND

Does this help? It depends. You must first recognize what type of .5/1 game you are in. Usually there are just two kinds Loose-Aggr & Loose-Passive. If people are just going to call with anything hands like AKo go down in value in a large multiway pot. So if you raise and you get seven callers with this, then future raises with this hand is contraindicated.

MANIACS

Yep yep. I have been at games (in last two days) where a player bet/raised at every given opportunity. You obviously need to adjust yr strategy at this point. Just wait until you get a good hand/flop and then nail them.

Bad beats occur regularly. These are calculated in yr xxBB/100 numbers. Despite this bad-beats if you play optimally you still will show +BB/100. That is all I can say about that.

Hope this helps.

Adios.