PDA

View Full Version : How deap to go with Q high flush???

AeonBlues
07-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Ok, so the game is 6 handed 1-2 NL, and I have my oponet's 265 British pound stack covered.

I complete SB for 1 BP with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

everyone checks

Turn is 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet 6 BP, and all fold to LP who min raises to 12.

I was 100% he had a flush, so the question is how to play it?

I chose to play defensively, but I'm wondering if I should have pumped more money into the pot, perhaps thinking that he would raise more with a better hand, and just call with a weaker one. But, the pot is fairly shallow.....

AeonBlues

Results in white:

<font color="white"> Q paired on river, and I checked and called for 16, he showed me a 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. But, now that I think about it, this player routinely makes min raises pre flop with Kxs or Axs, so I shoulda stuck it too him. </font>

Big Jon
07-08-2004, 05:58 PM
You're missing a lot of preflop information, unless you're implying that it's just you completing and the BB checking (who would be "opponent"). Without that information, it's hard to make judgments about the hand.

Firstly, don't check the flop if it's heads-up. If there were a lot of limpers, I could see trying for a check-raise, but always bet in this position. Bet a lot. You're in a great spot, but you're vulnerable to better draws (Axs, Kxs). You're also behind QQ (unlikely), 88, 44, AQ, KQ, QJ, etc. Bet the pot to thin the field and find out where you're at.

You have the best hand against any other flush draw at this point because you have top pair. Use your best judgment and the knowledge of the players you're up against. If you get raised and suspect weakness, or someone trying to protect their hand against the flush draw, shove.

RollaJ
07-09-2004, 10:54 AM
--I think you played it rather weak

--I bet this flop, hoping to get raised by a Q or a draw, then push in

--On the turn Id make it 25 after he makes it 12, if he calls lead out for 25 more on the river