PDA

View Full Version : What is the probabilty of this hand

Kiddwyo
07-08-2004, 02:50 PM
The other night at my home game this particular hand came up. We play $1/$2 limit Hold'em, we are 7 regulars who play 2-3times a month, and we always pickup 3 players to fill the table. Since the 7 of us have been friends for 20+ yrs and the game has been pretty regular, being a fulltime card player I usually play for fun with them. On this particular night we had a newbie someone that was co-worker of another friend. We had played awhile and the newbie had been losing. All of a sudden he started saying the cards had marks and he knew what some of the cards were. He suggested we change decks, he happen to have his own. Since he was the dealer it was his turn to deal. He shuffled and cut. The cards were dealt and I picked up 10-2 off in cut-off positon (I folded)

The betting as follows:

UTG raised UTG+1 called, MP called, Hero(Dealer)raised, BB called, as did the others. (it is not unusal to have 5 players going into the flop, we are playing to have fun)

the flop came A /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif and 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, and the BB calls.

the turn comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

everyone checks

the river comes Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, MP calls, Hero raises, and the BB calls.

Here is the result:
BB K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif-J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG Q /images/graemlins/club.gif-Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 K /images/graemlins/club.gif-J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP K /images/graemlins/heart.gif-J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero A /images/graemlins/heart.gif-A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero wins $60 pot, and continued to win the rest of the night.
First I would like to know the probabilty of the hand above?
And does anyone feel as I do that the newbie was a CHEAT?

Thanks in advance for your input,
Kiddwyo

Lost Wages
07-08-2004, 03:07 PM
First I would like to know the probabilty of the hand above?

I have no idea.

does anyone feel as I do that the newbie was a CHEAT?

No. Anyone who is good enough to shuffle, cut and deal that hand is not going to waste their time playing 1/2.

The real question is; "HOW THE HELL COULD IT NOT GET CAPPED ON EVERY STREET!"

Lost Wages

SnakeRat
07-08-2004, 06:56 PM
A) I dont believe you..
B) Do you have a 1 raise limit?

Richie Rich
07-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Semi-entertaining read...but there have been A LOT better BS posts out there. Thanks for the laughs, but don't waste our time by posting imaginary junk like this.

btw- my favorite part is when you wrote, "Since the 7 of us have been friends for 20+ years"...alright, kiddo /images/graemlins/wink.gif

aloiz
07-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Well the probability of that hand occuring is exactly the same as the following hand....

Flop 4cKs8d
Turn 9s
River 4h

BB 2s4s
UTG TcJc
UTG+1 KdTh
MP As9d
Button 6h6d

And if the story is actually true, yes he was most likely cheating.

aloiz

Kiddwyo
07-10-2004, 10:07 AM
I would thank those of you who responded, and yes I know it a hard to believe situation, and I would not have believed it if I had not been there. As for the $60 pot we all play tight and play for fun and just to hang out w/o the wives. The newbie was a co-worker and I am certain that when asked (that is if he ever gets another invite)he will not play with us again because we don't play big bucks

Kiddwyo
07-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Richie Rich was one of my favorite comic books, and the nickname I got in college in 1980. Graduated in 82, So yes 20+yrs of friendship is possible. Anyways thanks for the "insightful input" I was just trying to get an answer on a situtation that I thought was highly unlikly. I would not have believed if I wasn't there myself. And yes I believe the guy is a CHEAT

shutupndeal
07-10-2004, 10:59 AM
I am going to assume that because it was your birthday you were probably shooting heroin and enjoying a funny little moment with us yes? Are the other 6 dudes also junkies is my question? Whats the odds of that?
Do you realize that 2 guys flopped a straight in your heroin influenced work of fiction? Nobody bet? The dude with the 3q's, he didnt like that hand either right? Im suprised that the dude with the 3 queens didnt fold either but hey, he was shooting dope and not paying attention really, yes? Happy Birthday....what else do you do for fun cuz besides lying and shooting dope im hoping that you DO have a home game that I can play in, I live right by you so how about it? We can make it 8 and only have to look for 2 people to fill the game..........should I bring my own heroin or is it available onsite? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Whats the odds of you being full of a smelly substance that is considered a human waste product? *insert pic of "skat" here* /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

cardcounter0
07-10-2004, 01:57 PM
AHHHHHH-HAWHAWHAW!

So the cards were marked and he could tell what they were?
Did any one test him, hold a card up, and say "Yeah, well what is this one?" Then he "happened" to have a deck on him?

Here is a tip you can use: If you get an e-mail from some guy in Nigeria who has millions of dollars in the bank and wants your help getting the money out of the country -- Don't respond to the e-mail, it's a scam!

MicroBob
07-10-2004, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop 4cKs8d
Turn 9s
River 4h

BB 2s4s
UTG TcJc
UTG+1 KdTh
MP As9d
Button 6h6d

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap!! i just played a hand EXACTLY like that!!

MicroBob
07-10-2004, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you get an e-mail from some guy in Nigeria who has millions of dollars in the bank and wants your help getting the money out of the country

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap!! i just got one of those e-mails!!

this is amazing!!!!

Richie Rich
07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
...for your incredibly interesting replay of the worst, slowplayed hand in buddy poker history /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ps~ I like you. You remind me of when I was young and incredibly stupid.