PDA

View Full Version : stealthguy

holdem2000
07-08-2004, 02:23 PM
I recently was playing 15/30 on partypoker and discovered a 6 handed table with an average pot of $281, so I sat down. I quickly realized that stealthguy was playing very badly, calling preflop for any number of bets, was capping the turn with gut shots, etc. I desperately tried to get the player to play me heads up on a private table and eventually did. I then won about $3250 from him in about 90 hands. Obviously he must have been playing horribly; he only folded 5 times, he raised with any pair frequently, he capped draws, etc. For example:

***** Hand History for Game 728953978 *****
15/30 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Tue Jul 06 01:25:39 EDT 2004
Table holdem2000's pvt table 2 (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 3: stealthguy ( $1401)
Seat 4: holdem2000 ( $2107)
holdem2000 posts small blind (10)
stealthguy posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to holdem2000 [ Jh, Js ]
holdem2000 raises (20) to 30
stealthguy calls (15)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3c, 7h, 5s ]
holdem2000 bets (15)
stealthguy calls (15)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Th ]
holdem2000 bets (30)
stealthguy raises (60) to 60
holdem2000 raises (60) to 90
stealthguy calls (30)
** Dealing River ** : [ 7c ]
holdem2000 bets (30)
stealthguy calls (30)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $329 | Rake: $1
Board: [ 3c 7h 5s Th 7c ]
stealthguy balance $1236, lost $165 [ 2h Qs ] [ a pair of sevens -- Qs,Th,7h,7c,5s ]
holdem2000 balance $2271, bet $165, collected $329, net +$164 [ Jh Js ] [ two pairs, jacks and sevens -- Jh,Js,Th,7h,7c ]

Partypoker has contacted me saying that the play between us was suspicious and they temporarilly closed both of our accounts.

I called partypoker and explained the situation to them and they said taht nobody played as badly as stealthguy had and that what we did wasn't poker and was just using a private table to make a transfer between accoutns. I told them that this wasn't so and that he was just losing money to me fair and square, but they insisted that there was a superior explanation, even though when they contacted stealthguy, his explaination was his stupidity.

So partypoker will not unfreeze either of our accounts until I agree that they will give him back the money I won.

If anyone has any way I could convince partypoker that I should keep the money, or if they have any hand histories involving stealthguy, so that I could show that he was playing horribly against everybody and not just myself, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. I don't check posts here that often, so if you could email your replies to Jonlen2000@yahoo.com that would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jonathan Senn

Peter_rus
07-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Contact this guy and discuss with him problem of giving you money back if you transfer him your winnings...

But it seems unbelievable at all.

fyodor
07-08-2004, 05:14 PM
So even though PartyPoker allows transfer of funds between accounts, even though they actually advertise the fact that they allow it, and even though they charge no commission for the transfer, are we to understand that if you pay them for the transfer (ie I assume there was a rake on every hand you played) they are opposed to that?

Un-fkn-believable

I guess they really are making too much money.

The only time I heard of this in the past it was at Paradise where one guy was playing with money from a stolen credit card and losing on purpose to his buddy at the table but a 3rd innocent player recognized how bad player 1 was and he won some of the money. They froze his account as well when it came to light the CC was stolen.

memphis_aces
07-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Tell them you'll give the guy his $ back when they refund your rake from the exchange......THAT will never happen.

F'n Partypoker..... They've frozen my affiliate account with over a grand in it because my referrals "weren't playing enough to be profitable". When I commented that this wasn't a valid reason according to the affiliate agreement they then went into some hard-to-understand (indian) rant about how they suspect fraud and have to watch the accounts for another month. They even went so far as to question the variance in my quantity of play....

THEN the jagoff asked me where I worked, and after informing him that I worked for a golf company he perked up, stated "golfers like poker...we would like to develop a partnership with your company to recruit new players".

Right.... insult me, then ask for my help.

holdem2000
07-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Actually PartyPoker is now admitting the possibility that the hands I was playing with him were really legitimate play, but they tell me his account is linked to some credit issues:

Dear Jonathan

From the hands that we sent you yesterday, it is evident that there was money movement between
both accounts. These hands have been cross checked once again by our game experts and they have
confirmed this opinion. As discussed with you we cannot process your cashout. The reason being that
'stealthguy' has links to some accounts that have some unresolved issues with our "Credit and
Resolutions" Team.

To resolve this matter, the only solution we can provide to you is to revoke the money that was
transacted on the "holdem2000's pvt table 2" i.e. an amount of $3189 will be transferred back from
your account to 'stealthguy' and then we will reactivate your account.

Please reply in the affirmative so that we may go ahead. Please take this to be an initiative on
our part to secure your money and your account from future possible issues on the "Credit and
Resolutions" front.

It seems like Partypoker made a mistake letting him play and is trying to pin it on me. It also seems like they can't do anything without my permission anyway though. So a long standoff ahead while Party loses the $500 a week or so I contribute in rakes and entree fees.

naphand
07-10-2004, 06:28 AM
Refer them to this post, so that they are aware that they are losing revenue and respect from this forum and its members.

Also, I suggest you get them to check the chat in the game prior to your heads up match. If you were indeed "desperately" trying to get him to play HU, then there must be table chat to support this.

If they have credit issues with the individual, then they need to tell you why they cannot pay you. As you correctly state, you won fair and square, the error was on their part. They are making a s**t load of rake every day, so much that $3K makes no impact.

Their mistake...they pay. That's how it works.

Tricky situation though, as PP appear to be beyond the rule of law as far as their financial dealings are concerned. Also suggest you highlight this problem to the authorities reponsible for gambling licences, issues such as this need to be brought to their attention. If on-line poker is to develop, then such crass and unregulated behaviour needs to be stamped on, hard.

You might also try to negotiate something equivalent, such as allowing you a 100% rake rebate for the next 3 months etc. for assisting them with their "credit procedures". Try to exercise a few options, most people will negotiate if you take a stand.

holdem2000
07-11-2004, 04:25 PM
That's a pretty good idea, thanks for the suggestion. On Friday afternoon I sent an email directly to Lucy Jones explaining my whole situation and also pointed out to her that Party is losing about $500/week in rakes keeping me from playing so it was in everyone's interest to expidite the resolution. If Lucy replies to me I'll suggest this plan and hopefully she'll agree.

ctv1116
07-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Somehow, you've gotta use the chat between you two to defend yourself. They could always say you staged the convo, but hopefully somewhere in the chat you said something that just doesn't match with a purposeful dumping of chips.

I like the rake rebate idea, you could propose to have a $3300 bonus in your account, cleared 10 raked hands per dollar or something.