PDA

View Full Version : So What Now wrt The Forum Split?

ML4L
07-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey all,

My poll closed yesterday, with the final tally being:

Small/Mid-High (cutoff at 5-5): 33 (47%)
No Split: 19 (27%)
Live/Online: 15 (21%)
Limited/Unlimited Buy-In: 3 (4%)

So, nearly 3/4 (73%) wants the forum to split. Of those voters, nearly 2/3 want the split to be according to Small vs. Mid-High.

Do others agree that each of these majorities is sufficient for there to be a "consensus?"

What now? Does someone PM Mason? He never responded to me... I've been trying to make this happen for months.

BTW, Jen's idea of starting to put Mid-High posts in the Mid-High limit section is an alternative (although, that would mean that I would have to read that forum more than I do now).

So, what now? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike

cornell2005
07-08-2004, 01:50 PM
i vote that someone whom mason knows PM him and request the mid/high section.

sniperd
07-08-2004, 01:55 PM
What's a good line to draw for mid-high? Based on blinds I would assume. Blinds $1/$2 or higher for mid-high seems reasonable to me, thoughts?

turnipmonster
07-08-2004, 02:00 PM
I suggested 5-5 and higher be mid-high

ML4L
07-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Hey sniperd,

My poll specified a minimum of 5-5. Personally, I would be OK with 2-4, because that includes the highest stakes at Party and games like the 2-4 at Bellagio. Even though they are often some of the best, 5-5 or higher posts just don't come around that often. I think that 2-4 will keep the new forum from being too stagnant. I'm sure it'll ultimately be up to whoever is in charge of doing the split.

IMHO, 1/2 would do little to ameliorate our current problem.

ML4L

Ulysses
07-08-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would be OK with 2-4, because that includes the highest stakes at Party

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't want to get this merry-go-round started again, but I actually think a lot of Stars 1-2 hands might be more appropriate to post than Party 2-4.

How about something like "5-5 blinds or higher and large stack hands in smaller blind games" and then let the forums sort themselves out?

cornell2005
07-08-2004, 03:57 PM
i think 2/4 is good as well. because online, 2/4 often plays at the same difficulty as some live 5/5 games.

ML4L
07-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Hey Diablo,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would be OK with 2-4, because that includes the highest stakes at Party

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't want to get this merry-go-round started again, but I actually think a lot of Stars 1-2 hands might be more appropriate to post than Party 2-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. I've played in a $0.50/$1 home game that played tougher than any 2-4 online game. My thinking was more along the lines of keeping traffic in the new forum at a reasonable level (I haven't played 5-10 PLHE in a month, but I think some of my posts might STILL be within the first couple pages of a "5-5 or better" forum) without sacrificing too much of the quality.

[ QUOTE ]
How about something like "5-5 blinds or higher and large stack hands in smaller blind games" and then let the forums sort themselves out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually posting to say that I wasn't sure if I liked your idea, but after giving it some thought, it might be the way to go. I'd probably rather read a $1/$2 deep stack hand than the average Party $2/$4 hand. What would deep stacks be? 200x?

Frankly, the longer this takes, the less and less that I care about the details surrounding the split. I just want it to happen, so that MAYBE there will be some interesting discussion around here...

ML4L

SkippingGoat
07-08-2004, 04:17 PM
A little late here, but did anyone suggest splitting the forum wrt to full vs. short handed (6max-heads up) games? It seems like the Heads up & Shorthanded section of the forum used almost exclusively for limit poker and there are an increasing number of questions and posts regarding short-handed NL play.

Ulysses
07-08-2004, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would deep stacks be? 200x?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. For all I care, the description could be "5-5 Blinds or higher, or any other hand that you think is appropriate to post here." Or maybe even better - "Higher-limit and/or deeper stacked PL/NL games."

I think if we just do a split w/ some largely ambiguous description of what "Medium/High" means, this stuff can sort itself out.

cornell2005
07-08-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think if we just do a split w/ some largely ambiguous description of what "Medium/High" means, this stuff can sort itself out.

[/ QUOTE ]

eldiablo is right. go someone, send a PM! im looking forward to it

theBruiser500
07-08-2004, 07:35 PM
yeah, let's get this moving

Rick Nebiolo
07-10-2004, 12:20 PM
El Diablo has over 6000 posts. Maybe Mason would respond to HIS PM /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leo Bello
07-10-2004, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i vote that someone whom mason knows PM him and request the mid/high section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed the best option. But Mason normally answers PM. He answered one of mine when I had only 10 posts on the forum.