PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 hand #116 (repost) - A9o, won disgustedly

nykenny
07-08-2004, 01:15 PM
kindly comment on every street, please. (i took extra time before making decisions on turn and river.)

thanks,

Kenny

Online Poker 10/20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between Hero, BB, MP2 and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: Hero (5.50 BB), MP2 (5.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9s Ah (two pair, aces and queens).
BB shows Jd 9d (one pair, queens).
MP2 shows 9c Ac (two pair, aces and queens).
Button shows Kd 7d (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 5.50 BB. MP2 wins 5.50 BB. </font>

Turning Stone Pro
07-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Kenny:

Pre-flop, i have no problem with the call after the BB exercises the option. I feel in the PP 15-30 world, this is +ev as long as you can get away from it if and when the heat comes. The only time I fold in this spot is if the BB is one of the dozen or so PP players I have pegged as real tough.

on the flop, this is the questionable play. I might check and fold in this spot. If you lead out betting, you can guarantee that the BB is going to raise no matter what he has, and then your in a bad spot. I put the BB on AK or AQ, and this obviously makes your hand dead. I'd get out right here: just too many ways your beat, your completely out of position and you have no legitimate way to improve. they'll deal another hand.

On the turn, the check-call is OK, because the pot is big enough and the prelop raiser is now checking. any heat, I muck in a second. MP2 could have second pair or a draw.

On river, a check is mandatory. I expect you took it down.

Just my thoughts.

TSP

nykenny
07-08-2004, 01:55 PM
thanks TSP.

i have to agree with you that the flop call was the toughest call i made for a long time. not that i don't make bad calls. it was just that, all the information i have at that point indicates i am beat and it almost doesn't make sense if i weren't beat.

when i called, i actually try to make believe that BB had JJ (wishful thinking). so my decision was to dump if he bet again into these many people.

once BB checked on turn, it was much easier for me to call, because the fact in these 15/30 games, people limp with all kinds of AXo. and on top of that, many like to raise with anything better than a A9o.

nonetheless, the turn call was still agonyzing because the very high likely hood that someone had JT, or KQ and such.

Kenny

ike
07-08-2004, 03:48 PM
After completing my sb I would usually fold to this raise, but I may be wrong and in any case its close.

astroglide
07-08-2004, 04:05 PM
i would fold this to the raise. odds-wise it's virtually the same as folding to a late position raise here, which i would suspect you would do unhesitatingly, but it's actually a worse situation because bb raises generally denote greater strength than lp multi-way ones.

nykenny
07-08-2004, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would fold this to the raise. odds-wise it's virtually the same as folding to a late position raise here, which i would suspect you would do unhesitatingly, but it's actually a worse situation because bb raises generally denote greater strength than lp multi-way ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. i actually DO fear the BB raise much more than LP multi way raise.

MrGo
07-08-2004, 04:11 PM
I fold to the raise as well. You could be a huge dog if you hit your Aces.