PDA

View Full Version : TIVO WPT

RollaJ
07-08-2004, 10:24 AM
How do I get it stop recording the WPT season pass, it keeps trying to record the reruns, perhaps because I got tivo midseason

eMarkM
07-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Go into Season pass, Options and you can change it to record only first run.

toots
07-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I did that, but it wanted to record the rerun last night, anyway.

Looking at the program in the guide (getting the extended guide info), it said "Original Air Date: 7/7/2004", so apparently, it didn't know that it was a rerun.

Gotmilk
07-08-2004, 02:16 PM
i asked a similar question about late night poker before. i turned off my poker season passes, made a poker wish list, and then a couple times a week or so just pick out the poker programs for the upcoming week i actually want. works pretty well!

Davage
07-08-2004, 02:37 PM
The "First Run Only" setting hasn't been working on recent WPT airings because the show isn't flagged as a rerun. I half wonder if they are doing that on purpose (the channel sends the program info to the Tribune Company who then resells it to TiVo and other show listing services).

I also have a poker wishlist, found the Poker at the Plaza, The History of Poker and some other cool things that way.

Also, since WPT2 is over, I know that any WPTs in my To Do can be deleted. WSOP2004, Celebrity 3 and the live Turning Stone event will make up for it for the next few months.

toots
07-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Yup. Selectively deleting from the "Poker Wishlist" is pretty much the approach I've been taking, although I still have some crufty old season passes on one TiVo for specific shows like the WPT, and they are indeed catching the reruns as "new" episodes.

3rdEye
07-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Go to your Season Pass manager, and set your WPT Season Pass to record "First runs only." Then it will stop recording repeats.

3rdEye
07-08-2004, 03:23 PM
What's odd is, while you guys are saying TiVo picked up last night's WPT as a first run, mine didn't; and I don't recall manually telling TiVo not to record it. Oh well.