PDA

View Full Version : Bad run - Hand 3

SomethingClever
07-08-2004, 01:41 AM
I think I played this one correctly.... does anyone think I was too aggressive early?

Reads: UTG seems to be a decent player... he raises things like AQ and AJ, and that's what I put him on when he didn't cap the flop. Button is a loosey-goosey calling station.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (13.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (18.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows Jh Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Hero shows As Kd (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Button wins 18.50 BB. </font>

Bill Smith
07-08-2004, 03:22 AM
I'm about 99% sure I was UTG and I did in fact have AQ. I believe I left that table prior to posting the BB next hand. I am probably the person who should be posting this hand, for that matter. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

You played this perfectly fine, and that was a terrible beat. I, however, did not play this well. I put you on AK or AQs and the voice of NPA Ed Miller told me to call down just in case. I had the same read on the Button as well and figured we were just bringing him along for the ride. However, he raises the river, you call, and I figure the chances I beat both of you are 0-1%, so I fold.

Comments?

bisonbison
07-08-2004, 03:27 AM
This is fine.

Peter Harris
07-08-2004, 05:15 AM
very unlucky. darn button calling with runner trash, you can't excuse that. you were perfectly aggressive and with cause to. well played.

Regards,
Pete Harris

cjromero
07-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Nicely played. You just got rivered. Period.

The fact that you were willing to bet the river shows that you study these boards, not just skim them.

chief444
07-08-2004, 09:34 AM
I think with the button involved you both played the hand well.

SomethingClever
07-08-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm about 99% sure I was UTG and I did in fact have AQ. I believe I left that table prior to posting the BB next hand. I am probably the person who should be posting this hand, for that matter. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

You played this perfectly fine, and that was a terrible beat. I, however, did not play this well. I put you on AK or AQs and the voice of NPA Ed Miller told me to call down just in case. I had the same read on the Button as well and figured we were just bringing him along for the ride. However, he raises the river, you call, and I figure the chances I beat both of you are 0-1%, so I fold.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, let me just revise my read on UTG.

Reads: UTG is a great player, probably a 2+2 poster!

I was bummed about the beat, but I was almost more bummed that I didn't get to see your hand...

I watched the same guy pull another monster suck-out about an orbit after you left. Sheesh.

Bill Smith
07-08-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Heh, let me just revise my read on UTG.

Reads: UTG is a great player, probably a 2+2 poster!

I was bummed about the beat, but I was almost more bummed that I didn't get to see your hand...

I watched the same guy pull another monster suck-out about an orbit after you left. Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I thought your read was PERFECT the first time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I felt so funny calling 1 bet on the river and folding for 1 more bet on the Button's raise, but I couldn't find a reason to call - the suckout was on, and I got to see both hands.

sfer
07-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Looks fine. Since the flop is basically drawless I would usually smoothcall the flop intending to checkraise the turn. You're almost always way ahead of UTG here.

tardigrade
07-08-2004, 04:47 PM
I don't see anything about this that wants to be done differently. The only possible debate in my mind is whether or not to 3-bet the AK as first to act on the flop, since you set yourself up for a steal attempt from the good player behind you when rags flop and you're unsure if he has PP or not. You do have a "protected pot", though, so I think it's the right move. Anyway, you got your flop, so it didn't matter anyway. Great play. Bad beat. What else can you say?