PDA

View Full Version : Overpair vs Odd Aggr

SnakeRat
07-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero raises, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, SB raises, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

thoughts?

detruncate
07-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Looks like he hit trips on the flop... in which case it'd be the standard micro-player line. If you've been auto-betting flops after a pf raise (or seeming to), people sometimes like to make this play with tp or as a stone cold bluff as well. But I'm guessing trips.

SnakeRat
07-08-2004, 01:32 AM
What would ya do on the turn?

detruncate
07-08-2004, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What would ya do on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a habitual bluffer I'd raise, but I find myself playing it exactly the same way almost all the time. If you 3-bet you're pretty much committed to calling a cap, so I won't do it without some good reason to suspect that my hand is ahead. I don't think that MP1 is going to 3-bet behind me (that might have something to do with the fact that I know he folded, but I would have expected him to raise the first time around), so I'd probably figure on getting something like 13.5:2 from here on in. You'd think you'd pick off at least one bluff or overplayed hand in 5 or 6 tries.

SnakeRat
07-08-2004, 02:22 AM
He flipped over K6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. MHIG

I almost always call down overpairs at these limits.

I think people like to take shots at me because they see me fold now and then.

rjc199
07-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeah, this is how things go. I too play it the same way.

I was wondering how anybody would play this hand if they had say KQs and all the action is the same and you get to the turn and he raises you. Do you lay it down there?