PDA

View Full Version : no idea what to do here

kyro
07-08-2004, 12:37 AM
This one really stymied me. Any help?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01 (5 handed)

Hero ($$5.84)
Button ($$3.08)
SB ($$1.77)
BB ($$2.14)
UTG ($$2.28)

Preflop: Hero 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.1, Button folds, SB calls $0.09, BB calls $0.08, UTG folds.

Flop: ($0.32) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero ???

OK, I know free cards are BAD, but this is an ugly board.

AZK
07-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Bet the pot, if called, check/fold on the turn. Pray you don't get called, or if you do that the turn doesn't give you a six...

Rage23
07-08-2004, 01:00 AM
i agree with the other post...
bet the pot, i've been in the same situation a lot and find that you'll get a lot of pots that way without having to see the turn. if someone is calling, i'd say 75% of the time they have the flush already and were slowplaying it, the other 25% they have Ax are calling in hopes of another flush card... at the turn you can check and call/fold depending on your read.

vulturesrow
07-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Not to mention that 3-flush board is scary to any others that dont have any hearts. I have taken down many pots on this kind of flop with absolutely nothing just by potting it after a couple of checks. If someone calls, the alarm bell goes off and I play more cautiously from there on out.

Chris

kyro
07-08-2004, 09:52 AM
well the responses seem to be unanimous. my problem with potting it, is that doesn't seem to scare off people at the nano-limit NL. often times i'll bet the pot, and get two callers. here i didn't want ANY callers, so I bet .50 into the .32 pot, figuring i'd lay off if anyone called. everyone folded. woot.