PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this 6 6 right?

Inthacup
07-07-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm 4-tabling 15-30 at Party. 1 table has almost broken, but we've been at 4 players for about 10 minutes with one extremely soft spot, so I stick around to ride it out.

UTG limps, soft spot folds, SB(avg. player in ring games, hasn't adjusted much to the SH game) completes and I check with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, I call, UTG folds.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, I raise.

What do you think of my line? What is your plan if SB 3-bets?

What is your river plan if:
1. A brick comes and SB checks
2. A brick comes and SB bets
3. A /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes and SB checks
4. A /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes and SB bets

Thanks for the input.

Cup

WillMagic
07-07-2004, 08:10 PM
I like the line of play. Nice semi-bluff.

You've said that your opponent hasn't really adjusted to short-handed play. So, he probably will not re-raise on a semi-bluff; if he re-raises, he is most likely paired. So that leaves one other card in his hand - and it's only 1 in 4 that the card is a heart.

So, if he 3-bets you, then you call, then check-fold if a brick hits. If a heart comes, then you call if he bets, and you value bet if he checks.

If he just calls your raise, then you probably check/call the river regardless of what comes.

Will

1800GAMBLER
07-07-2004, 09:29 PM
I don't like it. These turn raises are always so whacky on party poker and everyone knows it. You really have the lowest stealing equity realistically possible plus even you considered getting 3 bet.

ike
07-07-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't see much value in this raise. Just call him down, you'll lose less when you're behind and make at least as much when you're ahead since (unless he's horribly weaktight) he can't fold anything that beats you.

Ulysses
07-07-2004, 11:26 PM
El Diablo continues to like ike's style.

WillMagic
07-08-2004, 12:00 AM
I don't see much value in this raise. Just call him down, you'll lose less when you're behind and make at least as much when you're ahead since (unless he's horribly weaktight) he can't fold anything that beats you.

I don't know if I read Inthacup's description differently than you guys, but he said that the SB was having trouble adjusting to short-handed play - i.e. he is weak-tight. Isn't this the kind of player you would want to semi-bluff? The kind of player who would fold a hand like bottom pair? I feel there is a reasonable chance that the SB is going to fold a better hand here...and so I like the raise.

Will

nykenny
07-08-2004, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, he probably will not re-raise on a semi-bluff;

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on, how many people out there reraise on the turn on a semi-bluff?

FoxRiverPlayer
07-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi Inthacup,

Hmm, for this to be correct, you have to think at least one of the following
1) you have the best hand
2) your flush will be good if you catch
3) you can make SB fold a better hand

Did you have an idea of which was the case?

Also the pot is unraised and very small (4 sb including the SB's bet). If this were a raised pot or if the SB was bluffing/semi-bluffing a lot of flops, I'd agree with your play, but as it is I'm content to fold on the flop.

As to your other questions, I'm definitely folding to a turn 3-bet. If a brick hits the river I'm checking thru or folding if he bets, if a heart hits I'm calling a bet or betting if he checks (folding to a c-r).

WillMagic
07-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Point taken, I shouldn't have qualified that.

Will

soda
07-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, even in this shorthanded situation described, I would simply fold this hand to the flop bet.

You describe the SB as an average ring game player, but hasn't adjusted to SH yet. So, this makes me think (even more than usual) that this guy has a hand. He's betting into two other players.

Your line on the hand, IMO, is about as bad as it gets. You give the UTG player a cheap look on the flop if he wants it. With your hand, you must limit players if you wish to play. This is an action flop and you have an underpair and a 6 high flush draw.

Muck the hand.

soda