PDA

View Full Version : I must be a largemouth bass

tvenatta
07-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Any help appreciated...I am just beginning my poker education, mostly on Party and some local St. Louis cardrooms. In tournaments on party, lose consistently following 2 strategies when flush is likely. Bet very aggressive with good hands before and after flop, etc. or trying to wait the hand out without throwing too much money in. Get drawn out on consistently while waiting and also get called down when betting big (especially when tourney numbers dwindle). When I have big cards, do I bet it big on party when 2 of a suit come out, or lay back knowing that the flush is probable and so are four flush callers. Consistently get drawn down on the flush and can rarely push people out when they have flush draw. Any insight is appreciated.

Want to be a dolphin if can't be a whale...just tired of being a fish.

cardcounter0
07-07-2004, 05:26 PM
The good fisherman knows the proper bait to use depending on the condtions and the fish.

Lay back? Then they get infinite odds to draw out on you. No wonder they hit the flush a lot.

Bet big? Sure then you get called when they got it, and get nothing because they fold when they don't.

You need to use the special super-duper lure. It's called the "check/raise".

Search the micro-limit or small stakes board for proper applications.

tvenatta
07-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Thank you for the reply, should I bet big on flop to make them think about four flush draw and then slow down if flush card comes? Also I'm assuming that it isn't wise for me to call a big bet with four flush on flop.

cardcounter0
07-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Are you talking limit or no-limit?

If you can get enough callers to give you the correct odds on making your flush, then bet as much as you think they will call.

You might try searching for posts about "pot odds"