PDA

View Full Version : funny line I heard in a cardroom recently

whiskeytown
07-07-2004, 04:23 PM
all these rakefree/zerorake shills reminded me of something a guy I played with at Canterbury last month said...

he said "I don't pay the rake - if you think about it, the only people who pay the rake are those who win pots...if you're losing all the time, the rake doesn't affect you at all" -

so no, I don't pay the rake

(on a subtler, more strategic note, it's a clever endorsement of the "quality, not quantity of pots won" argument that I've seen in a while.

RB

BassMasterK
07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
This is one from a guy not trying to be funny. I sat next to him recently in a LLHE game where he announces:

"I always see the flop. You never know what it is going to bring!"

He practiced what he preached and was broke in two hours.

Sponger15SB
07-08-2004, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is one from a guy not trying to be funny. I sat next to him recently in a LLHE game where he announces:

"I always see the flop. You never know what it is going to bring!"

He practiced what he preached and was broke in two hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously though, how can you fold when you haven't seen the flop yet?!?

oh you wacky 2+2'ers and your strategies

nolanfan34
07-08-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

seriously though, how can you fold when you haven't seen the flop yet?!?

oh you wacky 2+2'ers and your strategies

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite on this line of thinking is when I play dealers choice with my friends. We use just an ante usually when hold em comes up. It usually gets checked around PF, and if you decide to raise, it's met with a chorus of complaints.

Of course that never stops every....single....person from throwing in another bet because they HAVE to at least see the flop /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

CCass
07-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Playing on Stars recently. Somebody catches a 2 outer on the river, and all the usual "River Stars", "on-line poker is rigged" comments spew forth from the unlucky guy that took the bad beat. I replied: "If Stars is rigged, then why do you play here?" to which he replied: "My chances are just as good as anyone elses". /images/graemlins/grin.gif