PDA

View Full Version : did i get max value?

kgrad5
07-07-2004, 09:07 AM
game was incredibly loose, should i have been fearing kq on the river? or was this played correct? i was folding if a heart showed.. did i miss bets?

comments, thanks

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button caps, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (38.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button caps, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 51.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Th Qc (straight, queen high).
CO shows 8d 7d (straight, jack high).
Button shows 5h 9h (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 51.75 BB. </font>

k000k
07-07-2004, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Final Pot: 51.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Laf, No, that's about as much as you can get.. You could have re-raised the flop, but that might have cost you some action on the later streets.. Probably not in this case, but you dont know that at the time.... Call the flop, keep people in, when it hits on the turn, its capped, river is capped, looks fantastic to me.. 51.75 BB's?? FANTASTIC pot! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kgrad5
07-07-2004, 09:15 AM
heh yeah, i especially liked how the maniac capped on the river with his busted heart draw.. but if someones capping the river, should i have called and suspected kq maybe?, i had no reads at all, this was my first hand at the table

prayformojo
07-07-2004, 09:20 AM
"Fearing" the KQ is pretty academic at this point, after the cap with the pot this preposterously large, isn't it? Surely you should be aware that you have only the second nuts, but there is no way you fold to the cap.

Peter Harris
07-07-2004, 09:24 AM
looks fine to me. don't fear the nuts.

Regards,
Pete Harris

spamuell
07-07-2004, 09:56 AM
3-bet the flop, there's a ton of value there, you're making so much money trapping 6 players while you have an oesd, even though the board is two-flushed.

k00k has a point about killing the action on later streets with a flop 3-bet, but there's just SO MUCH value. Even if you only have 6 outs (and most of the time you have more), if you're getting called by four people you are making a profit. You are getting 6:1 on your flop money and you don't know if these people are going to stick around on the turn or river.

Rico Suave
07-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Kdrad5:

I would c/r the turn. Flop raiser is on your immediate left, so when he bets, you can trap the field for 2 bets with the nuts.

Of course, in this case, you got more bets in on the turn than you could have hoped for, so the c/r is irrelevant. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--Rico

bisonbison
07-07-2004, 11:25 AM
You can 3-bet the flop for value. Since you didn't, check-raise the turn.

SomethingClever
07-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Do you kinda wish you had been playing $20/$40 instead of $0.02/$0.04?

kgrad5
07-07-2004, 11:59 AM
very much so, dont have anywhere near that bankroll though haha although im not ready for bigger limits yet i dont think, gotta consistently own small limits.. right now im working on not getting outdrawn every hand heh