PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for tournys that have re-buys?

AA suited
07-07-2004, 08:31 AM
I plan to visit Tunica sometime this summer. The Goldstrike has a $16 NL Tourny with re-buys.

How (i any) should my strategy change with the option to re-buy?

Sam T.
07-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Because of the re-buys you can loosen up a bit in the early going. You will also find that some of your opponents will play like maniacs during the re-buy period, which would, of course indicate that you need to tighten up. (So I guess I'm saying you need to loosen up and tighen up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif) Also, Sklansky argues that if you have the chance to top-up at the end of the re-buy, do it.

Have a look at the MTT page. I think that they had a discussion of this last week some time.

holeplug
07-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Always take the rebuy before you start and the addon. Just play your game during the rebuy but don't be afraid to get your chips in when you have a decent but not great hand, like calling an allin with AJo when an A flops etc. Theres tons of maniacs in these that go allin with crap so you can easily take advantage of them.

AA suited
07-07-2004, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Always take the rebuy before you start and the addon. Just play your game during the rebuy but don't be afraid to get your chips in when you have a decent but not great hand, like calling an allin with AJo when an A flops etc. Theres tons of maniacs in these that go allin with crap so you can easily take advantage of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do i take the rebuy b4 i start?? i thought rebuy= when i'm out of chips?

holeplug
07-07-2004, 03:13 PM
It depends on the rules of the tourney. I dunno how they usually run the one your going to but the Stars $11 rebuy lets you rebuy right away (1500 chips for $10) and then theres an addon after the rebuy period is over.

AA suited
07-07-2004, 04:47 PM
so you basically double up immediately, then at the end, add more. if all the $ goes towards the pot, then it's a no brainer.

but even with this format, do you play the normal game as if there wasnt a rebuy, or do you play more agressive till the rebuy period ends?