PDA

View Full Version : two 15-30 hands

02-02-2002, 10:50 PM
first off, i got into it sort of with one guy and he stormed off in anger a few minutes later because of a dealer error. he played well and this was at hustler. i wondered if it was vince?

hand 1: im in the cutoff with K9o, 7 handed. one weak limper who i think id like to try and isolate limps in, i raise. this doesnt work too well as the button and blinds call as does the limper.

5 handed we see this flop: T22 rainbow. checked to me, i bet, button (a loose aggressive player) calls, sb (horrible A2C player) goes all in, good player in bb calls, limper folds.

4 handed turn: 4 (still rainbow): checked around.

river: 9. all-in sb starts to reach for her purse to buy in again, bb bets, i raise, button folds, bb thinks for about 1.5 minutes. im unsure whether to sit still or eat my quesadilla. i opt for the later. i really dont know if my raise is a (semi)bluff or a legit raise, im leaning towards the latter, this guy wouldve gotten more aggressive with a T. folds and my hand is good against the sb. bb says "oh shit" when i turn my hand over, but then he says my 9 was good. i think he may have been saying "oh shit" as in "cool, here's another live one" as i raised preflop with that.

-----------------------------------------

hand 2: same weak sb as above. she just sat down and posts utg+2 in a 6-7 handed game. she checks her option, an overaggressive/loose player limps as well, i raise on the button with KQs. bb calls, poster calls, limper calls. 4 handed.

flop: K54 rainbow. checked to me, i bet, just the poster calls.

turn: 6. checked to me, i bet, she checkraises me. what should i do? what about on the river if i dont fold here?

btw this is the first hand ive ever played against this girl, the only thing i know about her is she bought in with $240 and then posted utg+2. also, she looked like she may have been on speed.

02-03-2002, 06:05 AM
Never post your hands just a few hours before Mason posts one of his "Hands to Talk About". You end up gettting pushed down the board as everybody rushes to tell Mason how great his play was.

Hand 1:

K9o isn't the best hand to make an isolation raise with. A medium or small pair would be better.

But, once it's done, I don't see any reason to stop betting on the turn. You might as well bet and hope to steal the pot right there. If you get check-raised, you know it's time to fold.

When you hit a 9 on the river, I don't think raising is going to be wise most of the time. A Ten could have missed a check-raise on the turn. I'd just call and pray.

Hand 2:

When someone looks like they're on speed, I always call them down with top pair.

You could be drawing dead to a straight or set. Or, you could have just 3 outs against a hand like K6. You may have more outs (8) against 65 or 64. You may even already be ahead against a hand like KJ (or some other weaker kicker).

I don't know. Since it's heads-up, I probably call the turn and river.

02-03-2002, 08:42 AM
Hand #1: Game sounds pretty loose, so I would give up on the isolation plays and just stick to raising with premium hands unless it's folded around to me in the cutoff or on the button. After I get so many callers preflop with a garbage hand like this, I'm usually looking for the first excuse to check fold, although this flop may be crummy enough to make a last gasp steal attempt. It feels a lot like some of those flop bets Mason makes which sometimes allow him to steal the pot on the end, although those are usually only 2-3 way pots. Anyway, I check the turn like you did after being called in 3 places with 1 all-in, but see little reason to raise on the river. I would go for the overcall (since you probably still beat anyone else who caught the 9 and are unlikely to be against a T given the prior action) rather than the thin value raise which risks a reraise that you certainly don't want to call.

Hand #2: Unknown player who seems like a gambler? I just call it down and get some information on her play as well as some unknown chance of winning the pot. I tend not to respect unknown players' check raises until I see them routinely show down good hands afterwards (hopefully not against me /images/wink.gif).

02-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Heh, where does Mason post his HTTA schedule so I can avoid posting before them? /images/wink.gif

02-03-2002, 04:43 PM
she held 73o for a turned straight. which i, unfortunately, paid off on the turn and river.