PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair No Kick, LAG?

SnakeRat
07-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah 6h (one pair, aces).
UTG+2 shows Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
CO shows Ad 2d (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 14 BB. </font>

Too loose preflop right? Maybe too aggressive afterwords..
I played it this way due to my impression of the other players in the hand being very weak postflop..
Thoughts appreciated.

tech
07-07-2004, 03:39 AM
What do you do if he 3-bets the flop?

SnakeRat
07-07-2004, 03:42 AM
Call, check-fold the turn barring a heart, 6, or ace.

Bill Smith
07-07-2004, 03:44 AM
IMO, you played this perfectly postflop. A 3-bet on the flop would tell you to fold the turn unimproved.

You ended up getting 6.7:1 on your preflop call, but I think you're normally going to be dominated when people are calling a PF raise. Since the chances of getting a flush or flush draw are higher than 8:1... I dunno. I'd like to hear the experts' take.

tech
07-07-2004, 03:49 AM
That line is fine, as long as you think he is very straightforward postflop. If I were villain and I held a big ace, I would smoothcall your flop raise and pop the turn.