PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed?

SnakeRat
07-07-2004, 03:25 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG raises, MP1 3-bets, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero caps, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ks Kc (one pair, kings).
MP1 shows As Ac (one pair, aces).
Hero shows Qs Qc (one pair, queens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 18.75 BB. </font>

A odd one where I thought I was good until the river when I thought I was behind to Kings or Aces hmmmm..

tech
07-07-2004, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Overplayed?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Bet the river. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HajiShirazu
07-07-2004, 04:32 AM
MP1's bet on the turn seems a little suspicious. I think he has you beat most of the time. If so, raising and looking for the free showdown was a good play. The times you are ahead, you wouldn't want to give AK, which the other guy might have, a cheaper look at the river.
I think I still favor betting the river but only against poor opposition. Since that's probably the case here I would bet.

afk
07-07-2004, 06:57 AM
I'd probably bet the river here too.

Peter Harris
07-07-2004, 07:00 AM
i'd bet the river when checked to. these players are weak and passive.

Pete Harris

cjromero
07-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Given that he didn't 3-bet the turn and checked to you on the river, I would bet the river as well. However, I have seen lots of people play AA as he did, as he will assume you hit a set on the flop. He got scared when you raised the turn.

chief444
07-07-2004, 10:13 AM
I think this is fine. I like the river check. I'm surprised so many are saying bet the river. MP1 3-bet pf, raised the flop, and led the turn. Just because MP1 checked the river after your aggressiveness throughout and with a one card straight on the board does NOT mean your Q's are good. The only hand I can see that you beat here that would call the river is JJ. I can actually see an argument for just calling the turn. No way do I bet this river though.

tech
07-07-2004, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only hand I can see that you beat here that would call the river is JJ. I can actually see an argument for just calling the turn. No way do I bet this river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm normally the first one to check behind on the river, but here I think you are giving too much credit to his opponents. I see someone calling with JJ, AT, 99 for sure. I have also been called down with more crap here (including just overcards) than I can even begin to list. Until the river check, this hand seems like SOP for an overpair. His opponents really gave him no reason to think he was behind in the hand.

nothumb
07-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Snake,

I think this is fine. I see a lot of players at this limit get cowed with big PP's way too easily, but you can't put them exclusively on premium hands given the action. Good turn raise, good river check.

NT

chief444
07-07-2004, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see someone calling with JJ, AT, 99 for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
AT would call down I agree. But would your typically passive .5/1 player 3 bet pf, raise the flop and lead the turn with AT (after you capped and 3-bet)? Doubtful. 99 beats you BTW (straight).

[ QUOTE ]
His opponents really gave him no reason to think he was behind in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
One opponent raised pf and called down raises until the river. Certainly overcards are possible but hands that beat QQ are as well. The other opponent 3-bet pf, raised the flop, led the turn and then went into check/call mode. I consider this a pretty good reason to think I may be behind against the typical .5/1 player. Certainly checking the river with a fairly scary board is not much reason to think you are ahead.

tech
07-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Yeah, missed the 99 straight. I'll admit I haven't played these limits in a while. If the players are in general this passive, then it makes sense. I assume I'm ahead if I don't get 3-bet on the turn.