PDA

View Full Version : Is PP softening?

eastbay
07-07-2004, 02:28 AM
My ITM has jumped dramatically and I could swear play has deteriorated in the past week or two just by casual observation.

Anyone notice this, or is it just the usual small random sample stuff?

I play mostly $55 SnGs these days.

eastbay

AtlBrvs4Life
07-07-2004, 02:38 AM
I thought I was the only one. Here are my results for the past week in the $30 tournaments.

Total: 55
1st: 10
2nd: 14
3rd: 5

ITM: 52.73%
ROI: 68.60%

eastbay
07-07-2004, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought I was the only one. Here are my results for the past week in the $30 tournaments.

Total: 55
1st: 10
2nd: 14
3rd: 5

ITM: 52.73%
ROI: 68.60%

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar numbers for me: ~60% ITM, ~60% ROI. This is much higher than previous 3-month means. Could just be a blip, of course.

eastbay

tech
07-07-2004, 03:21 AM
I agree. I don't play many SNGs, but I am fairly certain that play has been worse in the ring games of late.

Losing all
07-07-2004, 03:42 AM
Play at the 10's and 20's over the last 2 weeks is some of the worst I've seen. Not as many bust out in the first 15 hands maniacs as 6 months ago, but the bubble and final 3 play has been horrible. As example, my ITM is pretty good (45% or so) over time, but I limp into the cash a lot, so lowish ROI (around 30). My ITM hasn't improved much, but my roi has been more than doubled. Now I've made some adjustments to my play, and maybe I'm runing well, but I can't imagine my opponents aren't a big reason for this.

These ll UB sng's aren't near as tough as I've read, I still think I might be losing money not playing at party for 2 months (1 month to earn, 1 to clear).

joker1976
07-07-2004, 07:38 AM
I guess I am the only one who's experiencing the opposite. I have been winning for two years, but last month was the worst in two years and I was forced to move down my level. My 4th and 5th finish has nearly doubled.

djcolts
07-07-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm not a very good player - but in the last 16 10+1 SNGs I've played (within the last 72 hours), I've gotten:

6 1sts, 3 2nds and 1 3rd.

I know this is a very, very short run, and an extraordinary streak (for me - my best streak in my short poker life), so this alone wouldn't tell the story. But, I've seen some of the all-in with A3o or KT on level 1 stuff happening again - it wasn't happening that much in June (even at 10+1).

It could be the holiday weekend, though.

slogger
07-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I have a >80% ROI in my last 25 10+1 games at Party. Only once have I finished out of the money in consectuive games during that stretch.

That said, I've had two or three amazingly lucky comebacks from severely short-stacked positions in that stretch. My opponents passive (borderline stupid) play has facilitated this, but I can't believe how many straights and flushes I've hit when all-in against a larger stack in the last couple weeks.

Ian J
07-07-2004, 10:33 AM
I played a $100 yesterday that was 10 handed and blinds at 50/100, so I think it's just about which ones you get in. However, my SnG rates have also jumped as of late and the play hasn't seemed as "tough."

2planka
07-07-2004, 10:42 AM
I've seen it too on Stars. Must be the "Poker on TV" phenom again.

BradleyT
07-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Possibly some strong players have moved to UB for the month. This would make it appear that the PP games are much softer at this time.

Or perhaps your game got better recently and the results are showing in a higher EV.

woodguy
07-07-2004, 12:42 PM
I've marvelled at some of the play on the Party $50's lately.
Last Friday I played 16 $50's and cashed in 12 with 6 wins. (obviously not sustainable, but fun none-the-less /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)
4 tables in a row the field was down to 5 before the end of the 2nd level?!?!?
Lots of PF limping with folds to any kind of raise, and alot of idiotic bluffs at medium sized pots.
weak-loose with occasional flashes of uncontrolled aggression with bad cards seems to be the theme.

Last $50 I played in, I was down to T800 with 4 left. Posted the T400 BB leaving me with T400. THEY ALL FOLDED TO ME. After I picked myself off the floor, I went on a stealing rampage and managed to have a hand when I got played back at and won the damn thing. I had Q4o in the BB in question and was ready to push at anything.....crazy.

Eastbay, how is your MTT equation coming?
I was trying to work out a reasonable expression for blinds vs. starting stacks vs. level time, but I failed. (been 10 years since my undergrad finance/stats degree, I'm way too rusty come up with anything good)

regards,
woodguy

eastbay
07-08-2004, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Eastbay, how is your MTT equation coming?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually haven't worked on it after my initial go at it.

I pick up and put down these kind of projects all the time, so stay posted. I'll let you know if I go on another jag with it.

eastbay

byronkincaid
07-08-2004, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play mostly $55 SnGs these days

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I've just come back to PP and guess which level I'm playing /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

heyrocker
07-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Did everyone on the board suddenly sign on to Party last night? I bought back in there last night after not playing the site for months, and every $55 one table I played was tighter than...well...something really tight. I was able to money 2/4 with a first, but i didnt see anything like whats being described. Maybe I just got unlucky.

It did, however, serve to remind me just how bad Party's stupid client is.

woodguy
07-08-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I pick up and put down these kind of projects all the time, so stay posted. I'll let you know if I go on another jag with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. If I can tear myself away from the $50 PartyPond I'll have another go at that expression.

regards,
woodguy

heyrocker
07-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Well, OK, tried some more today and moneyed 5/5 so I guess last night was just an anomaly.