PDA

View Full Version : WSOP 7Stud

gibs
07-07-2004, 02:19 AM
They should have gotten VVP to do the commentary for the stud events in the WSOP. That way he could really go wild with his favorite term, "wired pair." Don't know why he always calls pocket pairs in holdem wired. It's kind of redundant, and he does it every single time a player has a pocket pair. It's like saying, "he has a pocket pair that is a pair!"

LockLow34
07-07-2004, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They should have gotten VVP to do the commentary for the stud events in the WSOP. That way he could really go wild with his favorite term, "wired pair." Don't know why he always calls pocket pairs in holdem wired. It's kind of redundant, and he does it every single time a player has a pocket pair. It's like saying, "he has a pocket pair that is a pair!"

[/ QUOTE ]

"He's got an interesting little hand. Seven-Five suited. He's not going to play."

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-07-2004, 12:36 PM
I don't play 7-stud, so maybe I'm just making an ignorant statement here, but does it not annoy anybody else that they re-arrange the order of the cards in the little graphic showing what each player has? I'd much rather see the order they came out in so I can better follow the play of the hand. Does this not matter in the play of 7-stud? I know how it's played, but I don't play it - it seems like the order the cards came out in and the moves made in each round makes a bit of a difference when trying to read a hand. I don't need them to put them in order for me to see who's got a pair.

benfranklin
07-07-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play 7-stud, so maybe I'm just making an ignorant statement here, but does it not annoy anybody else that they re-arrange the order of the cards in the little graphic showing what each player has?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play much stud either, but my understanding is that it is generally against the rules for the player to change the order of his up cards on the table during play. It would certainly seem to be important information for the players and for the viewers. I guess ESPN thinks its average viewer (my friends call me "The Rick") isn't smart enough to figure out that two kings anywhere in the hand make a pair.

Sundevils21
07-07-2004, 12:55 PM
"The Rick" is back!!! I love that guy, hes the man!