PDA

View Full Version : An ugly mistake at WSOP by announcers

BoatLover88
07-06-2004, 11:53 PM
I was watching the NL event #1 on ESPN today and noticed when David Chiu folded before the river on a draw, they looked at the river card in the rabbit cam and said he wouldn't of made his draw so he made the correct play. How can the correct play be based on specific cards to come not seen yet?

ohgeetee
07-06-2004, 11:59 PM
That's kinda nitpicky. They were saying that the 9 didn't make a hand that beat his opponent. doesn't seem like an "ugly" mistake to me.

VeraN
07-07-2004, 12:01 AM
They said this because they wanted to introduce the feature of the rabbit cam, and by introducing it they're not just gonna say "look at this card". The writers script it so that they make whatever interesting comment they can so there's no awkward silence as they show the river card. You gotta understand this is TV and everything is scripted for rating.

daryn
07-07-2004, 12:30 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
....and said he wouldn't of made his draw ...

[/ QUOTE ]

it's wouldn't have.

if you want you could have used the equally incorrect, but better looking and sounding double contraction wouldn't've, invented by me.

nolanfan34
07-07-2004, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They said this because they wanted to introduce the feature of the rabbit cam

[/ QUOTE ]

And where was the sponsor for the poor rabbit cam? Miller High Life didn't want to touch that one? Oh, I see, the hole cam, and the how-to segments are good enough for Miller High Life, but not the rabbit cam. Bastards.

Ulysses
07-07-2004, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you want you could have used the equally incorrect, but better looking and sounding double contraction wouldn't've, invented by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever (http://tinyurl.com/28fdp)