PDA

View Full Version : Zerorake Questions Answered

Cardroom Mngr of Zerorake
07-06-2004, 07:38 PM
1) When are the tournaments going to be available?

A – We will have Multi-table Collapsible Tournaments within 60 days. We will be holding FREEROLLS soon, including our Members only $25,000.00 FREEROLL.

2) Have you considered collecting the subscription fee through a normal rake from each player until the fee is met, thus allowing players to start playing without any upfront costs?

A – Yes we have, and in the future we may implement a system that allows recreational players to play with rake until they earn membership.

3) What do you project to be the annual cost of operating an online card room capable of supporting at least 10,000 players? This would include all marketing, software upgrades, customer support etc.

A – I do not exactly know but it isn’t cheap, and it would depend on how much money you are putting into marketing. This is more a question for the business side of management. This is not something they would likely discuss in detail. I do know however that the margins are much tighter in our membership model than on a raked model. That said the aim is still to make some money and we are going to do it.

4) Will there be a way to create private tables?
I could see groups of small home games converting their Thursday night game to an online site, and in essence hiring a dealer by paying the "membership".

A – Yes, later this year.

5) Will the membership refund the tournament fee in tournaments? If not there's not much appeal for those who play strictly tourneys and sit and gos.

A – Members will not pay tournament fees for sit n gos.

6) What's to prevent raising the monthly fee gradually over time once you
obtain a player base? Raising this rate could get just as ridiculous as
rake. Perhaps a yearly or lifetime membership could be available.

A – Any site can raise there fees for their services. They don’t because the feel that the fees they charge are fair. We believe that the $30 per month fee is fair. Our business model will be profitable for us once we reach critical mass. We are well financed and are ready to do what ever it takes to build up the business to critical mass. We are going to advertise in EVERY poker magazine and all over the web. We are going to succeed, times are changing and we are leading the way!
7) - Are you in any way affiliated with Dutch Boyd and/or RakeFree.com?

A - Absolutely NOT.

8) – Do you have to buy a membership to play at ZeroRake?

A – No, membership is NOT a requirement to play at ZeroRake.com. We welcome players who want to become members AND players who want to just play with regular rake. Everyone is welcome, play with us and make your own choice. If after playing you feel that it makes sense to you to join you can. The choice is yours.

Who is ZeroRake.com?

ZeroRake.com is solely owned and operated by Action Poker Gaming Inc. Action Poker Gaming Inc. is a 100% subsidiary of Las Vegas From Home.com Entertainment Inc., a Canadian publicly listed corporation. Las Vegas From Home.com Entertainment Inc. is responsible for the liabilities of its subsidiaries.

Action Poker Inc.

P.O. Box W1879
St. John's, Antigua, West Indies

Plaza 138 Unit 12(A) 1829
Route 138 Kahnawake Mohawk Territory
QC Canada J0L 1B0

www.LVFH.com (http://www.LVFH.com)

Corporate Head Office
Las Vegas From Home.com Entertainment Inc.
6th Floor, 1199 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6E 3T5
Canada

Thank you for your time

Mark Sherwood
manager@actionpoker.com

Frozen
07-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Let the merciless flaming begin...

Baulucky
07-06-2004, 07:49 PM
How do I become a member?.

Synergistic Explosions
07-06-2004, 07:56 PM
I liked the site, but one person there made the ambiance totally negative. Since there's only one table going now in the beginning, it's hard to avoid the creaton.

I'll check you out later. Hopefully the misfit will bust sooner or later.

nolanfan34
07-06-2004, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let the merciless flaming begin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha...that's exactly what I was thinking.

While this site interests me, nothing in that post is anything that I couldn't have made up myself.

I want to hear more about their marketing plans, do they have a marketing manager who will answer questions too?

Alobar
07-06-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm glad to see an official representative of your site has come along to post at the 2+2 forums. I for one very much hope your site succeed...good luck!

ewile
07-06-2004, 10:19 PM
I hope you do well too!

ohgeetee
07-07-2004, 12:13 AM
I'm not a fan of boyd, but biting his no rake concept almost verbatim at least deserves some credit to him, heh heh.

TobDog
07-07-2004, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of boyd, but biting his no rake concept almost verbatim at least deserves some credit to him, heh heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed this was his site? wrong? If I am, then he got a great idea out and was not able to jump on it soon enough.

Sponger15SB
07-07-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah i'm sure they will get a check to him just as soon as they clear things up between their credit company and their bank....err, wait.

i was surpised that nobody has gotten all bitchy at this person for posting here, yet i was suprisingly happy to see this post because i know everyone is foaming at the mouth for this to get off the ground and get a good player base, and we all have a few questions about it.

crazy canuck
07-07-2004, 05:03 AM
How can we believe that your adequately financed when your main form of marketing consists of shills spamming poker forums?

And god dammit it seems you can't even afford smart shills.

For example overdrive! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=807584&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Despite this I hope the idea succeeds.